HAMOM: Feb 28 in Holly Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, I am not going to be able to make it. My father has been hospitalized with pneumonia in both lungs and I am going to Winston Salem to be with him and my family. Someone pour a lil' out for me.... by that I mean paint on Joe's axle :)

R

Sorry to hear that Ramon, hope he recovers well from that.

I'm still on the fence about being able to come by. I'm still pretty sick with the "crud" which got worse over the past week. I don't want to infect everyone.

I might be worth it though, I've never seen a chartreuse 3rd member...

Someone else will have to bring the chartreuse epoxy paint, ends up I ruptured L5 and gonna be down for awhile fellas. Ramon, I hope you pops recovers quickly.

'preciate it guys. Greg, I'll need to swing by probably this evening if ok, to pick up the cooker. YoHan, sorry to hear about your back man, that sucks at such an early age. I recommend lots of beer to relax the muscles and ease the pain. :)

R

'preciate it guys. Greg, I'll need to swing by probably this evening if ok, to pick up the cooker. YoHan, sorry to hear about your back man, that sucks at such an early age. I recommend lots of beer to relax the muscles and ease the pain. :)

R

Thanks Ramon! Yeah I got cabinfever bad, been couped up at home for almost 2 weeks now and can't really sit. They gave me some goodies for sure;)

Raymond, I hope everything turns to the better for your family.

Yo Han, man, what did you do? Will we able to go fishing this year?

Many many thanks to Clint, Robert, Jon, Greg; and Brad and Eric for popping in. You guys made this a heckuva lot easier! and safer. Everything is buttoned up, but the garage is such a swinehole I want to clean up a bit before bleeding the system - which Clint has offered to help me with Sunday morning. I can't hardly wait to ride with shiny new rotors, pads, bearings, brake lines.............

Greg, did you stuff any grease inside the pass side spindle? If not I may just shoot some in in the morning.

Joe, yes I did stuff some in the spindle before installing brake shield and associated parts. I also restuffed the knuckly before installing the spindle....

Hey Joe, sorry couldn't make it man. Got some serious cabin fever going on, just glad I got the intraweb:) Hell yeah hoss, if you gotta wheel me out I'll go fishing. Only time I'm not up for it is when I'm taking a perminant dirt nap;)

..as far as what I did. I re-ruptured L5S1 about 2 weeks ago. I originally ruptured it about 5 years ago working my 78 40 build moving the tranny. Don't feel as bad as that and hope she heals up soon, but ain't worth a damn in my current state... at least more than usual;)

Hey Greg, thanks for that confirmation.

Clint thanks for coming by again today to help bleed the brakes!

If any 80 owners are on the fence about new rotors and the 100-Series pads, do it! I went out to bed them in and did 10 cycles from 45-60 to 10-15mph. Wow. While the front caliper rebuild, new front lines, and bleeding have something to do with it, this thing will easily push me out of my seat now - it stops with a whole new level of confidence. Fantastic upgrade, and now I cannot wait to service the rear brakes.

Thanks again everyone for all of the help!

Joe,

How did that pressure bleeder work out for you?

Robert

Robert, I didn't use it. :( I would have sent it with Jon yesterday but I didn't get my VM's until last night. I can get it to you one day this week - I work on the NC State campus and can come to your office, or whatever works for you.............

My brake pedal had a little softness after bleeding, nothing bad, but I figured I'd try Robert's Motive Power Bleeder.

Holy s***.

Dead simple - it took me less than 15 minutes to rebleed the entire system. And now my brake pedal is perfect!

Robert, if you have any suggestions for cleaning it up well (better than I have already), let me know - esp the hose.

With the power bleeder, where did you get bubbles? How many? Wondering about the difference before and after...

Clint, from the LSPV and both front calipers. The front calipers had minimal, the LSPV had quite a few over about 8-10 secs of bleeding. The rear calipers were perfectly fine.

Maybe we should have gone back through the sequence. Never have, but maybe that's the lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom