GX470 half my dash lights came on...help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, my wife and I live in northern North Dakota, where we have extreme winter 11 months out of the year and one month of horrid road construction.....Anyways I bought the wife a fair mileage (74,000) 05. I soon discovered the cv axles needed to be replaced. Had a local shop do the job (Lexus is 4 hours away and Toyota is 1.5 away). They also did a mobile one oil change. It seemed to make a ton of difference to have the axles done driving wise. Two days later the Maint.Req light came on. I assumed it was the oil change light. A day or two later the Lexus seems a little wayward on the road. Today the following lights come on, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, TRAC CONTROL, CHECK ENGINE AND MAINT REQD....it also seems to have a mildly rough idle....Any help please, I would like to be armed when I go back to the shop, assuming this is related to replacing the cv axles. I'll try to upload pics of the dash later, Thank you.

Hers a pic

image-1757138355.jpg

The maintenance required light is for your oil change. You can reset the light by doing this:

1. Turn ignition switch to "ON" position
2. Set odometer/trip display to "ODO" mode
3. Turn ignition switch to "OFF" position
4. Depress and hold the Trip Meter "RESET" button while turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position
5. The service maintenance reminder light will:
  • Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds
  • Blink for 2 seconds
  • Illuminate solidly for 1 second
  • Turn off

6. Release the Trip Meter "RESET" button
7. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position
8. Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and confirm that the service maintenance reminder light goes out.

The other lights coming on could be as simple as your gas cap not seating properly. To know for sure what caused the lights to come on you need to get the codes using a OBDII scanner. You can go by autozone etc. and they will pull the codes for free or buy a scanner up online. You can buy one for $20 or so.

EDIT:
I'm attaching a PDF w/ the "P" codes....

Attachments

• check engine light P codes - diagnosis.pdf
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,579
Last edited:
The other lights coming on could be as simple as your gas cap not seating properly.
Thank you for the response. My wife called me and told me either the gas cap or o2 sensor. She's pretty good with Google. I'm also thinking I need to replace the tires, they've sat on the lot for over two years, though the tread is new.

Some sensor got buggered during the cv work possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom