GX460 Stock Height measurement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is a dumb question but I totally missed my measurement prior to starting my lift. I remembered after I already started my tear down. Does anyone have the typical stock heights from fender to hub for the front and rear? I figure that would be easiest since we may have different size tires on our GX's.

Thanks. I saw those before my post. I was looking to see what others have here in the USA to see how we compare. I measured mine from hub to fender and then fender to ground. But ground is never really accurate since it is not always level.

By using Prado measurments I only got 1" of lift so I think the USA version might sit lower than the Prado. As my lift was supposed to net 1 3/4 rear and 1 1/2" front. Maybe someone will chime in with what they had as stock measurements.

Weird… I was just about to ask the exact same question. I never measured either… lift, a bunch of other mods, two years later, and I’m still curious about this.

When we get the answer, perhaps it should go into one of the sticky posts, like the Manuals thread so it'd be easy to find and direct people to.

When we get the answer, perhaps it should go into one of the sticky posts, like the Manuals thread so it'd be easy to find and direct people to.
Agree 100%. I found the GX470 one but not the GX460. I typically check before I do any work. I was just anxious to get started!

Reactions: r2m
I know this is a dumb question but I totally missed my measurement prior to starting my lift. I remembered after I already started my tear down. Does anyone have the typical stock heights from fender to hub for the front and rear? I figure that would be easiest since we may have different size tires on our GX's.

So I took my measurements prior to lift, however measured from top of wheel arch to floor (not to wheel hub). I was riding stock rims and tires at the time, i.e. 265/60/18 michelin defenders. Hope this helps. (FD = front driver, RP = Rear passenger, etc.)

Height (from ground): FD 88.5cm, FP 87cm, RD 90.5cm, RP 90cm

So I took my measurements prior to lift, however measured from top of wheel arch to floor (not to wheel hub). I was riding stock rims and tires at the time, i.e. 265/60/18 michelin defenders. Hope this helps. (FD = front driver, RP = Rear passenger, etc.)

How level was your vehicle?
I'm referring to when parked. Was it parked on pretty flat ground with no incline in any direction?
I know sometimes guys will take those measurements while on their inclined driveway and not realize that the front end may be lifted a wee bit from more weight being shifted rearward, assuming the were parked with the front facing uphill.

How level was your vehicle?
I'm referring to when parked. Was it parked on pretty flat ground with no incline in any direction?
I know sometimes guys will take those measurements while on their inclined driveway and not realize that the front end may be lifted a wee bit from more weight being shifted rearward, assuming the were parked with the front facing uphill.

flat ground, in my garage. Car was unloaded, don't know how full gas tank was

So not considering tire bulge on the lower side wall, that would be:

Fd 19.6”
fp 19.26”
Rd 20.37”
rp 20.08”

Agree 100%. I found the GX470 one but not the GX460. I typically check before I do any work. I was just anxious to get started!
Looking at the 470 and 5G4r threads, looks like the average is 19.5 front, 21.5 rear.

I'm sitting between 20.125-20.25" front and 21" in back with about 2/3rds of a tank of gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom