Green Monster Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is Lee's 85 toyota pickup. We started with a stock truck other than a small lift and some 33" tars that was on it when we got it.
image.jpeg
image-9.jpeg

Then we gave the monster some sliders from TG.
image-2.jpeg
image-4.jpeg

Next was extended brake lines.... and just got her a locker for her B-Day....
20151116_225952.jpg

I like it - Bring on more mini builds! Does it still have 4.10s in the diffs? I'm about to install a Spartan in a 4.88 diff and I've heard there may be cross-pin interference with the thicker gear set.

In for updates.

Typically installers will grind the teeth directly in line with the shaft so you can install and remove the shaft as needed. My 5.29s were ground in this manner when it was supposed to go back into a SF housing, but it ended up in a FF that wasn't needed, but it made installing my Spartan super easy. Of course the original setup sucked so I ended up tearing it down and resetting the pre-load and backlash anyway.

Anyway, glad you've been able to get back in the shop and looking forward to following the build. How's the Taco these days?

OK well I will keep that in mind for future reference..

The Taco is limping around. It has a broken front diff and badly worn out front coilovers. Other than that it's good I have done a few things to it. I was gonna do a SAS but wound up getting a built rig. Lol. I do need some new coilovers and rebuild the diff in the Taco tho.

I told her next time ill buy her a ring......... And pinion set lol

Ill post pix in the rides thread

image-13.jpeg
image-16.jpeg
image-16.jpeg
image-14.jpeg
image-10.jpeg

Got her locker installed today. Now she is ready to hit some better trails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom