Greater Boston area owners thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.joyofthedrive.com
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd start a thread for us Boston area members. I know there are a few of us around so let's see how many of us there really are. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on "greater Boston" borders so the more the merrier.

I'm in Boston's South End and to answer your question, yes, it is a pain to park the LC on the street in the city but it's totally worth it. I try to do as much work on the car myself so if anyone needs a hand with an install or maintenance I'm happy to help.

-Pete

Checking in from Cambridge...Central Square to be exact, right between Harvard and MIT :) Parking here is tough too, but not as tough as the South End. Luckily I have commercial plates so that solves that problem!

There definitely aren't as many 100 enthusiasts here as there seem to be in other parts of the country, but it's good to be one of the few.

I'm in the boonies compared to you guys, but I get into Boston quite a bit. It's always fun squeezing along memorial drive between Harvard and MIT - most respect the size of the 100 and get out of the way :) I see quite a few 100's in Needham where I work a couple of days a week, but doubt they are enthusiasts - mostly Mom's carting the kids to soccer practice.

I'd love to do some trails up in NH or the dunes on the Cape. I have 3 kids under 12 and we love to camp too. I'd love to see what Yankee Toys has going on, but I'm not into rock crawling and I think that's what they mostly do?

I've been meaning to do the dunes at the cape but I've been with kids every time I'm there, plus going into the dunes alone without proper gear is asking for trouble.

I'm not into rock crawling either. Building mine up for expedition travel, camping, etc., planning on doing Alaska and C & S America as soon as kids are old enough.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm coming from a STI, low and relatively small so driving this where people move over is a nice change of pace for sure. I'm actually really impressed with the turning circle so far, It feels just as tight, if not tighter than my STI!

I'm going to respectfully pass on any serious muddin'/crawling as the mods to support that will have to wait. But I'd be up for some casual trails or a camp somewhere. I'm somewhat familiar with southern VT and the White mtns in NH (but more from a nice driving road/ski trip perspective than camping) but both those areas are riddled with good camping from what I hear.

We have our 99 Cruiser as my wife's DD here in Marblehead. Would be interested in some low-key trail rides that are kid friendly in the spring. As much as I'd like to be adding some long-distance toys, buying a fixer-upper house sucks up most of the money so it's a stock truck. Haven't been active on here in a long time but will be checkin' in from time to time.

Good stuff guys, I knew there were probably a few of us in the area. I guess we can talk about some mild trail rides or camping when the weather gets a bit warmer.

In the mean time, is anybody else on here looking forward to ski season?!

It's snowing like a champ at my house right now! Can't wait to get to the slopes.

Hope you all have managed to avoid the terrible winter drivers. How much did everyone get? I'll be back tomorrow but am hoping that it won't be all turned to slush by then.

It's snowing like a champ at my house right now! Can't wait to get to the slopes.

Me too, where do you usually go? I'm a Mt. Snow regular and can't wait to get up there this season. My parents are up there now and said they got 10+ inches of powder!

We spend most of our time up in the Whites - Loon, Cannon, and Bretton Woods. Kids have a season pass to Bretton so plan to be there lots. Bretton got 16 inches of lovely powder this storm - unfortunately we were visiting family in upstate NY for Turkey Day.

We spend most of our time up in the Whites - Loon, Cannon, and Bretton Woods. Kids have a season pass to Bretton so plan to be there lots. Bretton got 16 inches of lovely powder this storm - unfortunately we were visiting family in upstate NY for Turkey Day.

That's a nice area, I've skied Loon and Sunapee but haven't checked out the others even though I hear a lot of good things about Cannon.

Also, any luck with the local indy shop? I'm thinking about an oil change, trans fluid change and a good lube of all the prop joints. I'm getting a very slight clunking in a couple odd places when shifting. Thought I'd see if any of the above helps.

^ Ended up doing the rear brakes myself as they were metal on metal a couple of days after I scheduled the appt. I'm waiting on a timing belt quote from them.

If you have a place to work on your LC, DIY those items you mentioned. If not, I would take it to Wellesley Toyota.

Unfortunately the only place I can safely do work is back at my parents' house in SW CT as I park on the street here in the city. Hopefully within the next couple years I'll at least have a parking spot but for now I'm in a bit of a bind unless I want to drive 3 hrs.

Anyone up for a day of dune bashing on the cape?

I might have to hold off until the warmer weather, the skis are calling my name right now! I'd be up for meeting up for taking a few turns at some point though.

Anyone up for a day of dune bashing on the cape?

I'm interested, where and when? Need to get a permit, tow strap, and shovel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom