got the tbi fitting, but no gas to the injectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well got my TBI fittings and hooked up my fuel pump and lines,
but when i crank the motor over no gas is spraying through the injectors. Is there any way to test injectors on a 350?
When i take the injectors out and turn the fuel pump on i get gas through the throttle body but when i reinstall the injectors and wire them up i get nothing. Im getting power to the injectors. Anybody have an suggestions?

Re: got the tbi fitting, but no gas to the injecto

Getting power to the injectors is the easy part. The ECM grounds the curcuit to make them fire. Is the ECM getting a good signal from the distributer pick up? If the ECM does not see the engine turning over, it will not fire the injectors. You need a noid light to properly test the injectors to see if they are getting the signal to fire. If so, and still no spray, then possibly a stuck fuel pressure regulator.

I just finished Turbo City's fuel injection on my FJ60. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad ground on the electronic spark control module. You can test the injectors themselves by applying 12v to see if they spray. That would at least tell you the injectors aren't frozen.

No you don't do it when they are connected to anything. Pull the connectors off and test just the injectors. It is at least a good test if you are using a used throttle body.

It was suggested in the trouble shootingf section of my paper work to test for frozen injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom