Got one! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks,

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Candido Tapia (Screen name: CTapia). Found the forum quite some time ago after we sold our 99 LTD 4Runner. I have participated in a few discussions here on the forum and exchange some P.M with some fellow forum members, but have not done a formal introduction.
After selling the 4Runner, we decided that our next Toyota needed to have some more passanger and/or cargo space. The options were the Sequoia or LC. The problem was that I wasn't completely sold on the looks of the 100 and definetly did not want the Sequoia. It wasn't until I saw some pics of Shotts modified 100 with the ARB bumper, sliders etc.. that I really bought into it. Thanks Shotts! :beer:

Anyhow, we did not buy a LC, but bought an 04 LX470 in Galactic Gray (color) with 17K on the clock. They pretty much come loaded with everything and the major options are night vision, Rear DVD Entertainment system and a bling :grinpimp: spoiler. Mine came with all of this.
I was offered an extended warranty for $2400 and this would extend the factory warranty til 80K or X amount of years with a $50 decuctible. The price seemed high to me and I decided against it. I'm going check around and see if I can find some alternative at a better price.
I took a quick pic and can be found here

Let the mods begin... got some Black Husky Liner on order!

Got a couple questions for the group:

1) Any ideas as to where to mount a 3-4 D Cell Maglite? I had one below the seat on the 4Runner with some clips. Extremely convenient!!

2) Has anyone bought an extended warranty outside of the dealer?

3) The factory bumper for Lexus is 40K or (how many) years?

4) Appereantly the dealer can customize some setting like the auto tilt away when the key is inserted into and out of the ignition. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm trying to avoid taking it in.

Sorry for the long post!!

Last edited:
calamaridog said:
Welcome!

Got my maglite in the drivers side door pocket. Haven't decided to mount it anywhere yet.

Thank you Calamaridog! Is that pocket large enough to house 3 or 4 D Cell size maglite? What I had on the 4Runner was some Maglite clips mounted with some black hardware to the lower section of the drivers seat. It was perfect, secure and easily accesible. As soon as I pry the truck off my wife :mad: , I'll do some further investigating.

Calamaridog,

Please let me know how you like the rubber mounts mentioned on Expedition West. One comment made was the the Maglite clips can be fragile and snap. I had to replace one clip during the the 5 years that I had the 4Runner.

CTapia

The plastic clips work great around the house but I broke two in my last truck. Those rubber mounts should be very durable. I'll let you know what I think.

I have mine (3D) in the spot between the driver's door and seat. This spot is very secure when the door is closed, when it's open it is very easily accessible. I don't have any clips holding it in yet, but need to get some in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom