Good Place to Camp? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any recommendations on a decent base camp? I've camped out in Apalachicola National Forest with good fun, but the next trip I think we'll establish a "base camp" to drop a trailer with an F-150. Trying to plan a trip with my dad that he'd generally be using his Jeep to tow (off-road trailer we've taken on the Georgia Traverse), but he's getting some work done on the Jeep and we'll probably just have him come down with his F-150 to leave it at a site while we both hop in the 80 to go explore ANF and Tate's Hell areas.

Quite honestly we were looking at St. George's State Park camp grounds, but that place is booked as far as eyes can see. Knowing that he's got a F-150, we really need something easily accessible - the areas we have gone in ANF are far from easily accessible. Any recommendations in the area? And to further the topic, any good routes and areas to explore in the area? In the past we just pointed to a general area and drove around, but I'd much prefer a more defined and planned trip.

Thanks!
Tyler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom