Good news! Automatic FSM Download available! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NaterGator

On Gilligan's Island
Threads
Hello fellow cruiser heads!

People over in the 80 series forum have long pined for a way to get Factory Service Manuals (and other documents) off of the TIS system and onto their computers in an organized fashion.

I decided to have a stab at it since I have some programming experience, and I am happy to report that I can now produce downloaders for all toyota vehicles, including the FJ Cruiser.

Head over to this thread and read from that post downwards, you'll get a better picture of what I'm talking about, as well as usage instructions. Also, please do give me feedback about how the process went and how usable you find the structure. I'll hopefully be making improvements based on user input as more people start to use this method.

You can download the package here but please be sure you read the
instructions before you try to do anything!

Enjoy guys, and let me know how it works out! :cheers:
-----Nate

Thanks Nate, I'm going to do this later today. Great work! I'll let you know how it goes.

No prob... I searched a little bit and saw there is a single PDF that is the complete FSM for the FJC. Granted that violates copyright laws, but it's pretty daggum nice to have a single PDF.

So I guess to give myself a sense of purpose, think of this method as the legal, organized, and not so memory-resident way to get the whole FSM. ;p

Nate, when I run the batch file it connects just fine, but returns an "unable to get local issuer certificate" error and says to use "--no-check-certificate" to connect insecurely, but I can't figure out how to turn it off and the Explorer help is no help at all - sorry to bother you with this, but can you tell me how to get around it?

Thanks.

That is a cookie problem.

Are you sure you've pasted the cookie into the correct spot in the cookies.txt file? You need to make sure you login to the TIS system and pull the value for SMSESSION out of the cookie and paste it into the text file without logging out of TIS. The system keeps track of exactly what the cookie should return and blocks access when you have an invalid cookie, giving you the message you see. There is more on this in the thread with instructions towards the beginning, but if you need help, let me know.

if its the same PDF i found a few weeks ago, its something like close to 900 pages.
I found it a pain to scroll down, buyt i was probably not doing ( did not do) something right, ' cause a computer geek I aint.

That is a cookie problem.

Are you sure you've pasted the cookie into the correct spot in the cookies.txt file? You need to make sure you login to the TIS system and pull the value for SMSESSION out of the cookie and paste it into the text file without logging out of TIS. The system keeps track of exactly what the cookie should return and blocks access when you have an invalid cookie, giving you the message you see. There is more on this in the thread with instructions towards the beginning, but if you need help, let me know.

I tried to follow the instructions as close as possible. When you paste the SMSESSION value in cookie.txt, do you paste over or leave the triple asterisks before and after? I think I left them and just pasted over the text.

Thanks.

Sorry for not being clear... you do not leave the ***s

Dude..FJC guys don't wrench on their junk yet. They just take it into Toyota and have it covered by warranty....

And the FJC isn't a real...oh, never mind....

:grinpimp: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Sorry for not being clear... you do not leave the ***s

No problem; I actually tried deleting them and re-ran the batch file before I saw your reply and it ran perfectly. All the different sections are in their own folder. Too cool - thanks again for doing this Nate.

Dude..FJC guys don't wrench on their junk yet. They just take it into Toyota and have it covered by warranty....

And the FJC isn't a real...oh, never mind....

:grinpimp: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Dude...speak for yourself. I've had a lot of mine apart in the driveway, and some unintended parts removal in the bush.

And the FJC is a real....oh, never mind.:hillbilly: :flipoff2:

Ive taken a saw to both ends of my fj cruiser, cut wires, thrown away and replaced both bumpers, lifted it, installed roof rack ,and pinstriped inside and out . Pinstriping done from dog toenails and brush. Beno sounds pretty jealous. His mouth outruns his brain:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Well something downloaded but I don't think it was pdf. When I lick on one of the files it takes me to the Toyota log-on web site where I paid the $10 but won't even give access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom