Golden Retriever is anti land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm writing this as I sit in the passenger side of a Subaru Forrester, we have decided to take this vehicle because the Golden Retriver acts up in any of my Land Cruisers.

The golden seems to get nervous and jumps from the back seat, into the front and puts his head on the drivers lap on top of the shifter.

a back seat dog hammock has not helped as he wedges himself and jumps on the front seat to assume the shifter commander position.

anyone has had this before ? any luck in training or strategies to be able to take the dog on road trips on the land cruiser before I buy a sedan?

Yes. I think, in my case, it’s the noise associated with road noise... perhaps the increase in air pressure, at 55+mph.

An 18-wheeler passing in the opposite direction scares the hell out of him.

I spend as little time on paved roads as possible... unfortunately, you have to go around (east or west side) the Nellis Test Range, to head north. So, it’s not always possible to drive off pavement.

He’s fine off pavement.

Just practice with him. Maybe add some music or something. If he's good off-road, then he's close. Just be patient.

never taken him off road. but would be nice to do a road trip...

he does this as well in a westfalia.

my theory is that the higher viability coupled with the noise and perhaps nowhere to lie down properly is a problem for him.

My dogs never took to the 40. They loved the 4Runner and the Sequoia, though.

Dogs, While most all of them are cool they all have their own personalities.

Had a German Shepard that was barfing before I got to the end of a short driveway no matter what car she was in.

We rescued a Kiren Terrier and the day after we got her we drove from Arkansas to Illinois.
She lay in the back seat with her feet in the air snoring all the way there and back.

My late dog Wally, Retriever Chow mix, would ride good in a car but loved the FJ40, top on or off, I think mostly off.

When I would be so much as tinkering on it he wanted to be sitting in the passengers seat while I worked.
I guess he was afraid I would sneak off with out him.
wally.jpg

My goldens loved my 80 series. They only acted up if I didnt open one of the rear slide windows for them to hang their head out. Check for vibration in the rear too - had that drive one of my pups crazy in wifes SUV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom