GOLABS R150 Portable Power Station 204Wh / 16Ah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative

SILVER Star
Threads
On sale at Woot right now for $87 and free shipping for Prime members. Thoughts?

204Wh = ~16Ah.

160W modified sine wave inverter.

Looks like the BMS may not have low temp cutoff.

or you can get the 518Wh / 40Ah version with 500W true sine wave inverter for $260

1669831146257.png

Last edited:

the bigger one has comparatively bad amazon reviews rating IMO, FWIW.

Yeah I saw that. Still could be a good product for the right application at that price though. I am going to hold off for now and do a little more research.

I am thinking about using it in passthrough mode running a fridge in the car. Plug the power station into the 12V outlet, then the fridge into the power station. Idea would be to power the fridge temporality while the car is off. Should be able to power the fridge for several hours.

Last edited:
Yes, it's much better to have a battery as a buffer for the fridge.
The smaller one had much better rating. and better Wh / $ (although the inverter may not be as good, sounds like).
204Wh should give you about 204 Wh / (5 A *13.2 V) * 3 = about 9 h run time for typical fridge and conditions. But it's pretty small so you might want to double check that the fridge inrush won't blow the thing up.

That's what I was thinking as well. I would be using the 12v plug for the fridge so the inverter wouldn't be in the equation

PSA: Apparently the larger R500 does NOT support pass-through charging for more than about an hour. Bummer. Not sure on the smaller R150 but I am still investigating.

I've bought a few different ones and tested them on my fridges, including Rock Pal, Massimo, Jackery, Geneverse and Ecoflow.
In my experience the Jackery and Ecoflow were the best performers. The most disappointing, because I expected better, was the Rockpal.
Running an ARB 45qt fridge on the Rockpal vs Jackery, both 300wh, the Jackery ran an hour to hour and half longer, consistently .
Whatever you do buy, you'll eventually buy bigger. I started with 240 Jackery. Now I use a 1600 Ecoflow. I can stay indefinitely with a 100 watt solar
running a 73qt ARB . With two 100 watt solars I can run the fridge and 3 Dewalt battery chargers when I'm working on forest service cabins or cutting
firewood with the Dewalt 60v chainsaw. Just to annoy a friend I brought out a 900w microwave camping without telling him. When he woke in the morning
there were a couple Jimmy Dean microwaved breakfast sandwiches waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom