Going for a drive Saturday June 16th - Tobacco Roots (again) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Due to unexpected interest (this is great i'm truly surprised)

Going to cap the ride off and say sorry no more room. Worried about congestion on the trail and seeing as how I'm not 100% certain what the conditions will be like on Saturday. Sounds like a strong crew for the drive!

Looks like a good group! I think you may be best trying north meadow to twin lakes, the road above sureshot gets pretty high. North meadow is my favorite trail close to town.
The first 1/4 mile is the roughest, big rocks. I'd be worried about rocker panels if you don't have sliders. I'm going to guess there will be snow on the trail but with winches you should be able to get through.
In previous years snow on the bridges is what turned us back, ive done it since with the same conditions, but be careful. The bridges are low but slipping your rear out from under you could be real bad.
My guess is you'll get to the first lake but it will be snowed in beyond that . Have fun!

I’m in and I’m gonna have a buddy with me but my boys are gonna sit this one out. Thanks for organizing this.

I just realized I sold off my CO2 setup to friend before our move and won’t have on board air to fill up this weekend, does the gas station we’re meeting at have air for when we’re off the trail?

I’m planning on adding an ARB comp to the mix soon but not tomorrow soon ;)

I just realized I sold off my CO2 setup to friend before our move and won’t have on board air to fill up this weekend, does the gas station we’re meeting at have air for when we’re off the trail?

I’m planning on adding an ARB comp to the mix soon but not tomorrow soon ;)

I carry CO2 you can use.

Thanks fellas, I've got a plan for a quad cylinder compressor that got put on the back burner for the move. Time to bump it to the top of the project list, nothing like the new guy mooching air ;)

I am bringing the kids, not their first nasty trip, but if we can stop somewhere for a second to let them explore. Don't need much since it's not a long trip. Just sayin

The rocks in revenue flats could be fun for the kids. It will be on the way in/out. Big rock formations to explore. With the number if trucks going people will be in and out of their vehicles, if the kids aren't in car seats they can pop in and out for some movement. Then if you make it to the lakes there's plenty to explore. if north meadow is too snowy, South meadow has a cool old mine to check out.

The rocks in revenue flats could be fun for the kids. It will be on the way in/out. Big rock formations to explore. With the number if trucks going people will be in and out of their vehicles, if the kids aren't in car seats they can pop in and out for some movement. Then if you make it to the lakes there's plenty to explore. if north meadow is too snowy, South meadow has a cool old mine to check out.
was just about to mention those rocks. Plus they are nice for pictures

iirc at the meeting they said they use 146.460... i only remember because that is the channel we use in Colorado with Rising Sun 4x4.

I could be wrong but I'll be on 146.460 until I hear otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom