Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
Nolan, you better pace yourself. Here is a photo of the chain with the large cotter key for the FD lever. It's used to lock the shifter in place when using it. It OEM.

It was in one of the photos I sent but it wasn't a great photo. Sorry.

Mark

OME and some 33's on stock steelies would be perfect!!! Dont touch a thing on the patina but you already have that game down pat! haha

I had just tossed her a fresh piece of venison so she was not impressed with me climbing on the roof of my tractor for that shot.
Business before pleasure that`s what dogs do :D

In which part of Mississippi do you live?
We travelled the Gulf Coast coming from the East Apalachicola,Pensacola, Mobile to New Orleans.
Then partly along the Mississippi River to Memphis, Graceland , Nashville, Chattanooga * and back to the Coast.
Havent`forgotten to visit the Coca Cola Company in Atlanta too .
Cheers Peter
*Pardon me, boy, is that the Chattanooga choo choo?
... shovel all the coal in , gotta keep it rollin' ... :)

Chattanooga_Choo_Choo-Glenn_Miller_1941.png

Last edited:
Man I think the gray looks better
OME and some 33's on stock steelies would be perfect!!! Dont touch a thing on the patina but you already have that game down pat! haha

If it rides OK and handles good on these springs with some new shocks I’m going to run these 700-15’s I’ve fallen in love with this past year on Patina. Not only does it scream original but being so small they steer and track incredibly well.

33’s make me wish I had power steering

I would try to give such a new stuff a patina look *. It`s too new/shiny in an old survivor.
Just my 45 Dollar :rofl:

Cheers Peter
* like a worn out jeans :)

You drove right past me going from New Orleans to Memphis. Wish I had known. I have a blog called See and Eat Mississippi and have most of the off road routes across the state marked and mapped with food and history along the way.

As for matching the Patina of the old truck like a set of jeans, that is how I did my 40. Lights and blinkers are the only things you can tell are not original.

Under the hood though, it’s different. All new and shiny which really blows people away.

289344D6-4CA5-4962-AA9F-7D1AB50C36CE.jpeg

My plan is to get it driving as is with new heater hoses and belt. Things that will leave me on the side of the road and then this summer possibly pulling the drivetrain out ala @ClemsonCruiser , cleaning it up and stuffing it pack in.

That’s a maybe of course. I may be having so much fun driving it as is it
Stays.

That brings me back to Coral and Acorns. This truck had neither from what I can tell about it and reading about 1967s. Plus neither of those will “blend in” very good with the old ass truck.

On Patina I’m rocking the stock seats, tears and all because they fit the bill.

Thanks all for the input. Keep it coming.

Now that’s cool. I like the muted tones of the old worn coral.

If someone here has some old looking acorns they want to trade for new ones I’ll order a set from @Speedsail2001 and we can swap......

I’m going to take these seats to my local guy. He did my FJ55 seats front and rear for less than $or.com is asking for just the kit. I’m pretty decided on Gray just because this Red has faded to pink inside and I think that’s too much color

D82631E4-5AAB-4BB6-94EE-33788DB95BBE.jpeg

I just got the inside sprayed down with Rust Converter. I swear by this stuff. My 40, 55 and 60 have a case each on them

802F0D32-C072-40BA-BF1F-2CBDC7FCAC5A.jpeg

My chain is installed. I need an older cotter pin. When it warms up I’ll dig one up in the tractor barn

B9CC9B96-CF6A-488B-8A01-B2428DDB2328.jpeg

260C89B7-A457-4508-89C1-27B8562D8EB4.jpeg

I’m also missing the hazzard knob

7E555124-307A-48FC-B9B2-B750CBEE0958.jpeg

And the rear view mirror glass.

Looking at your pics more, I agree that thet grey will jive a little better with your existing patina.

I am not sure but I would guess that the 2 top spots are for the jack rods. The lower spot is for the engine crank handle and it also locks into the clip on the top right. The jack rod handle goes in the tool bag.

Edit for @HemiAlex tag for wheel pic

@Doctor do Little , the green strap you have on your jack. Funny to see that. When I was stationed in Germany in 1991-3 we took all those straps off of our equipment and replaced them with same straps with stainless buckles. I grabbed about 50 of them. I’m down to about 20.

Here are a couple in use in Patina holding the rear door from rattling and one on the OEM gas can

854241B9-8A52-4E0B-B6DC-EB9BCDCBF0C1.jpeg

Man, I had an extra crank handle and I let someone have it. Dang.

2C75BF5C-065E-489F-847E-6B93D6749B9F.jpeg

@beno left this in my barn last time he was here.

I sanitized it and now use it to bring life back to old rubber

C2272981-E02A-40F9-ADF8-F6B795C22BCB.jpeg

Cleaning up the wheels and rust converting them (no paint) in prep for new tires

D23E921A-3C85-4353-9926-C48C014A9D90.jpeg

Officially tagged it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom