Go to travel mug - recs and pictures please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You sir, are my hero 👍

Yeah, I have this vision of skiers with winter sweaters on like dumb and dumber and guys in smoking jackets with fancy pipes and laptops hanging out in the corners drinking $10 whatever's, not really my crowd. I have a hard time spending anything more than zero on coffee. When I'm forced to buy a cup, it's usually from the eye opener pot at a truck stop. When I make a pot, it's straightforward and meaningful. I'm also the guy that has no problem drinking what's left in the pot from yesterday as long as it's still warm or can be warmed up, never cold unless I'm desperate. I drink coffee all day long until I'm uncomfortable, then I dump my mug and fill it with water from the water fountain for the commute home. Same routine every day. A good mug and strong dark black coffee is important to me.

Yeah, I have this vision of skiers with winter sweaters on like dumb and dumber and guys in smoking jackets with fancy pipes and laptops hanging out in the corners drinking $10 whatever's, not really my crowd. I have a hard time spending anything more than zero on coffee. When I'm forced to buy a cup, it's usually from the eye opener pot at a truck stop. When I make a pot, it's straightforward and meaningful. I'm also the guy that has no problem drinking what's left in the pot from yesterday as long as it's still warm or can be warmed up, never cold unless I'm desperate. I drink coffee all day long until I'm uncomfortable, then I dump my mug and fill it with water from the water fountain for the commute home. Same routine every day. A good mug and strong dark black coffee is important to me.

Wow, all day long drinker? Dang dude, you're serious!

I had one of these mighty mugs for a while. No handle (at least on the one I had) but it does have a suction cup thingy on the botton that resists tipping over. Eventually I lost it...I put it on top of my car (not the land cruiser) as I was getting in and forgot about it. About 1/2 mile from my house is a traffic circle. I heard it bumping off the room as I exited the circle. I went back to look for it, but couldn't find it...

1645045030731.png

This zojirushi is by far retains the most heat of any bottle that I've ever owned. Seriously it keeps hot all day.

You mentioned wanting a handle. These will fit the yeti style vacuum sealed tumblers. 20oz and 30oz

There are a lot of yeti clones out there. someone mentioned the ozark ones from walmart. I have those personally and some hydro flask clones

I started off with a stainless Nissan tumbler about 30 years ago. Still have it, but two things against it: 1) not 100% spill proof 2) loses heat through thin lid design.

I've been through a couple of others and my favorite has been Stanley's 16oz tumbler. Absolutely spill proof - can throw it in my bag full of hot coffee and not worry about it leaking. It has a trigger operable mouthpiece that is easy to disassemble/clean. And, the thickness of the lid means it retains heat much longer. It also comfortably fits the rubber insert in my cupholder without latching onto it.

B87EA71E-6A9A-493A-BD96-60A62F7E24D8.jpeg

EF7F086F-F256-4179-B662-D3E1FE4EF18D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom