Glow Buzzer Won't Turn Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again,

I just got my truck back from the shop for injector work and some electrical work. When my mechanic put in the refurbished injectors he couldn't start the truck and thought that my glow relay was dead. He said there was a wire short somewhere behind the fuse box but had fixed it. Now when after warming the glows the buzzer won’t turn off and the lights for my battery, t-belt, turbo and filter remain on after firing over the engine. If I unplug the ECU the buzzer stops, but the lights stay on. I don’t know what to do and my mechanic is out of town for ten days! It's driving me made and I'm nervous to drive it with the buzzing on because I'm not sure if there is a larger issue happening here.

Hello again,

I just got my truck back from the shop for injector work and some electrical work. When my mechanic put in the refurbished injectors he couldn't start the truck and thought that my glow relay was dead. He said there was a wire short somewhere behind the fuse box but had fixed it. Now when after warming the glows the buzzer won’t turn off and the lights for my battery, t-belt, turbo and filter remain on after firing over the engine. If I unplug the ECU the buzzer stops, but the lights stay on. I don’t know what to do and my mechanic is out of town for ten days! It's driving me made and I'm nervous to drive it with the buzzing on because I'm not sure if there is a larger issue happening here.
I have a similar problem since yesterday (Nov 29, 2022). The glow plug buzzer, and all the dash lights are on when the engine is running...when the revs go above 1500, no buzzer or lights, but they come back when the revs go done to 1000. I have 1991 LJ78. I am in Denver, and the temps are below freezing. The cruiser has been trouble-free for about 2 years now... Is it the alternator or the 2nd battery? I assume the 2nd batt is dead....I have not replaced it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom