GGM Bolt-on tire carrier Install + Accessory panel pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AAD93E37-A087-425F-A75C-6D34566AA6C8.png

Full video here

Hope this helps out.

I am truly amazed with this product. Lots of passion and dedication to this product. Matt from GGM has really put his time into this.

Thank you for the video. Body armor back bumper swingout tire carrier are ridiculously expensive out there. This is bolt on and affordable enough for me.

Did you ever install the drop down table? I have the same carrier and curious how it's setup.

Mine was received last week, gonna tackle it soon, maybe next week. Any tips I should know before hand? I've watched the video and read the threads and instructions. Only thing that seems iffy is the limiting linkage install. Some of the language isn't really clear to me in the instructions. Hoping it makes sense once I'm in there. Any chance we can get a limiting linkage install vid before next week? haha. @GGM

Mine was received last week, gonna tackle it soon, maybe next week. Any tips I should know before hand? I've watched the video and read the threads and instructions. Only thing that seems iffy is the limiting linkage install. Some of the language isn't really clear to me in the instructions. Hoping it makes sense once I'm in there. Any chance we can get a limiting linkage install vid before next week? haha. @GGM
I have yet to install the limit linkage myself on the 80. But I did install it on the 100 series. Watch it here.

I think with the instruction and pieces in your hand it will make more sense. It's just bolting together 2 strips of metal. Also keep in mind to not over tighten the moving pieces. It actually works very similar to the tailgate linkage. As always, if you hit a snag just send me a email.
If I remember correctly one small detail Miles skipped in his video for the 100 series is putting 2 nuts on the bolt at the tire carrier.

@GGM
can you send me measurements of bottom to top bolt holes for the latch plate. On my 97 lx450..the frame actually covers the top holes and I have no way to locate them from the outside. I was able to locate the two bottom h9les though and drill through so I know where to bolt. If someone can measure where those top holes sit, I'd appriciate it. see pics..

20240314_162057.jpg

20240314_162051.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom