Getting Close! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The RHD-LHD conversion is complete! It was difficult going from right to left being Alberta born and raised. I had to remind myself, its only figurative and there was no need sympathize with the pivot legal society. The old 3B fired right up. I'm going to get the paint matched today so I can paint the old black LHD cowl screen to match as I relocated the wipers during the conversion. I still have to saturate all the nooks and crannies with a good rustproofing agent, wire the stereo and mount some rear seat belts but I should be on the road soon. :bounce::bounce2::bounce:

I NEED A SET OF SUSPENSION SEATS, I have the bases and could modify the seats in the truck but it would be easier to change over the upholstery. If anyone has a set, tattered or not I'm interested.
IMG_8186.jpeg

Looks great Dave. I hope you have a heated paint booth to take it too.

I wont be spraying anything this weekend thats for sure. It's darn cold out there.

I have one drivers side(left) front suspension style seat with no base and it's looking for a home

I'm more than willing to give that seat a new home. PM me with what you want for it and I'll come get it.

WOW! All this being green is getting very expensive. All the environmental fee's are getting ridiculous. $138 for a quart (946 Millimeters) of Glasurit 22 line paint, half of what I'd need for a complete paint job. Thats not including the reducers and hardeners which I already have and apparently you cant buy anymore. Many of the good urethane paints are now banned in Canada and most places are using water based garbage because thats all thats allowed. Have any of these green guru's ever figured out how much energy and greenhouse gasses it takes to produce a new more fuel efficient car. I'd be willing to bet it's more than most older vehicles emit, especially our diesel cruisers. Mining the materials, smelting the steel, making the plastic ... on and on and on. Anyway no more ranting and back to work.

Have any of these green guru's ever figured out how much energy and greenhouse gasses it takes to produce a new more fuel efficient car. I'd be willing to bet it's more than most older vehicles emit, especially our diesel cruisers. Mining the materials, smelting the steel, making the plastic ... on and on and on. Anyway no more ranting and back to work.

I wouldn't doubt that some of them get generous donations from the manufacturers and dealers association for encouraging people to scrap their old vehicles.

Spring is on the way! When does it arrive?

eta 24th March.
Your BJ70.5 has turned out pretty nice. Looks like you did a bang up job on it.
I don't know if you have posted it or if I have just forgotten.
Have you calculated how much your in the hole by for doing this conversion?

eta 24th March.
Your BJ70.5 has turned out pretty nice. Looks like you did a bang up job on it.
I don't know if you have posted it or if I have just forgotten.
Have you calculated how much your in the hole by for doing this conversion?

I'm still just under $9,000. Between both trucks all the parts I sold kept me within my budget. Thats with the new MTR's, ARB bumper, 8274 warn and all that alpine stereo c&$p I'm about to toss ..... I hate messing with stereo stuff. In the end, not too bad for a very solid 70 that should last me for some time. Still way cheaper than muscle cars and more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom