getin ready 4 calico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so after the tech inspection i have some obvious things to fix....some just for peace of mind and some strickty for safty....

so i took alittle time to strip out roll bar pieces( yea i know ?)the spare tire carrier,and back seat....still need to get with tommy and see if we can get my starting(turning off )issues fixxed,

since i will not be able to make the wrenching weekend, trying to set up a seperate day ...bend up some sliders,bumpers or what ever...not so much a wrench day but a tube bending day....:cheers:
01.JPG

well ebrake ? and just so you know! i played with the wires to day....started rig turned off key(rig still runs)pulled fuse still ran cool,pulled another died.cool so i swappedwires from left to right side of panel....started...turned key back off still ran? ahrhrhrhrh.....pulled the other fuse died.ok pull wire off fuse panel....started rig...turned off key...rig turns off...ok cool....turned rig on checked all lights...coool

now i just dont know what this wire goes to?but seems like everything s working.....

LOL!

Is it fixed yet? I lost track.

well ebrake ? and just so you know! i played with the wires to day....started rig turned off key(rig still runs)pulled fuse still ran cool,pulled another died.cool so i swappedwires from left to right side of panel....started...turned key back off still ran? ahrhrhrhrh.....pulled the other fuse died.ok pull wire off fuse panel....started rig...turned off key...rig turns off...ok cool....turned rig on checked all lights...coool

now i just dont know what this wire goes to?but seems like everything s working.....

James I talked to my dad about the tow dolly he said you could use it I think you should come over and look at the tires and "stuff" to see if you want to use it.

ahhhh thanks tom i dont know yet what i'm doin? now my wife may have to work they fired a girl at her work....i know i'm going might end up in just my sleeping bag.....

It's been a busy day, getting ready for Calico.

Installed new tie-rod and drag link ends. Installed a new roller kit in the steering box. Now, instead of the steering wheel wandering from 10 to 2, it only wanders from 11:30 to 12:30. When my new center arm kit shows up, maybe I can tighten up the steering a little more. Learned that the adjusting nut on the side of the steering box is only to adjust end play, and NOT for getting rid of steering slop. If you tightem too tight, you could crack the steering box housing if you hit a hard bump. Had all kinds of fun getting the Pitman Arm off! :bang:

Any way, I still have a small fluid leak, that's a bear to stop. Maybe after Calico I'll take it apart again. Steering box rebuilds are a pain in the b**t. Next time I'll let Mark's Off Road do it. :steer:

Rebuilt the clutch master and slave cylinders, and am waiting for a new hose to arrive in the mail. Bought the kits from SOR, and they were super easy to install. :popcorn:

Next week I'm taking the 40 to Louis Frame and Wheel, and get the "crabbing" taken care of.

I'm going to bed.

Installed new tie-rod and drag link ends. Installed a new roller kit in the steering box. Now, instead of the steering wheel wandering from 10 to 2, it only wanders from 11:30 to 12:30. When my new center arm kit shows up, maybe I can tighten up the steering a little more. Learned that the adjusting nut on the side of the steering box is only to adjust end play, and NOT for getting rid of steering slop. If you tightem too tight, you could crack the steering box housing if you hit a hard bump. Had all kinds of fun getting the Pitman Arm off! :bang:

Any way, I still have a small fluid leak, that's a bear to stop.
Maybe after Calico I'll take it apart again. Steering box rebuilds are a pain in the b**t. Next time I'll let Mark's Off Road do it. :steer:

Rebuilt the clutch master and slave cylinders, and am waiting for a new hose to arrive in the mail. Bought the kits from SOR, and they were super easy to install. :popcorn:

Next week I'm taking the 40 to Louis Frame and Wheel, and get the "crabbing" taken care of.

I'm going to bed.

Have you checked your shackles to make sure they are tight...my truck wanders like crazy when they loosen up.

Dang you been busy.

Any way, I still have a small fluid leak, that's a bear to stop. Maybe after Calico I'll take it apart again. Steering box rebuilds are a pain in the b**t. Next time I'll let Mark's Off Road do it. :steer:

I'm going to bed.

ha ha no not yet dan ....just depends on her? i'll either tow or drive the 40...just might be by my self....

ok spent some time at tommys fixed most of the wireing issues...(now tommy hates me,lol)going to look into my oil leak...and my parking brake...

i'll be out of town....still interested in check ing on its condition though....mmm wonder if anyone can pull it this weekend?

james

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom