GB Transmission to Transfer case hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1072866 View attachment 1072866 View attachment 1072607 View attachment 1072609 View attachment 1072607 View attachment 1072609 View attachment 1072607 View attachment 1072609 I have been doing group buys for a hose for the transmission to transfer case. I am working on my 14th group buy. Thats over 100 hoses. I own a 76 and 74 FJ40 with stock 4 speed and one piece stock transfer case. Both take a 12.75 long hose.

When the seal in the transfer case between the transmissionn and transfer case fails, oil is sucked out of the transfer case by the transmission. This hose prevents oil from migrating to the transmission by equalizing the pressure between the two. Its cheap insurance.

The only way I know to check for the seal failure is to remove the fill plug on the transmission. If oil comes out of the transmission fill hole then the seal has failed. I had 8 ounces of oil come out of my transmission when i removed the plug.

These hoses are rubber on the inside with a teflon liner between the rubber hose and outside braided stainless hose. The ends are equipped with banjo fittings and come with 4ea sealing washers. The teflon liner protects the rubber hose from the exhaust pipe heat.

I do these hoses for mudders and have no way of knowing for sure what length of hose is right for you. You need to measure between the fill plug on the transfer case and transmission using a small diameter hose. Using a tape measure is difficult as the tape kinks.

I have had guys buy 17.5 long hoses for FJ60 and FJ 40's with 4 speed and two piece transfer cases. I have had a few guys buy 12.75 hoses for their FJ60 but dont know what their running gear consisted of. So bottom line is remove the skid plate and measure. If you need a different length for an unusual drive train I can order your length when I place an order. If you need a different length pm me so I can get a price from the vender. I need to order ten hoses at a time.

Right now the 12.75 hose is $63.00 and the 17.5 is $65.00. If you do not send a paypal as a gift you will need to add $4.30 to your total to cover the paypal fees. Shipping is $8.30 within the USA. If your wanting it shipped to a different country pm me.

For paypal instructions PM me.
what does it do ?

If the seal in the transfercase fails the transmission sucks the oil out of the transfer case. If you ever check the oild in the transmission and oil comes flowing out, the transfer case seal is gone. The hose transfer the oil back to the transfer case.

the correct fix is replace the seal. The hose just keeps the transfer case from being drained of oil.

some say its cheap insurance.Cheaper ways to make a hose. This hose resists the heat damage from the exhaust pipes that are often next to the hose.

if interested send me a pm. Ive sold over 350 of these. But you do have to measure the length you need.. depends a lot on what a po did before you acquired the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom