Gauging Interest for my HDJ81. S.Central PA. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheMU

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone on the lookout for an 80 Series?

I'm looking to payoff some of my debt and this is paid off. So logically looking to see if this can be let go to reduce my debt. (Title in Hand)

I do not want to see it gone however I have bigger priorities.

It is a 1990 HDJ81, RHD, Diesel, with 233,xxx Km's. (140k miles).

Timing belt Water Pump done at 216K, Km's.

Major rust on Rear upper hatch below the Glass. Other tha that its mainly aurgave rust.
Does need the turbo replaced as the seals are worn.
4x4 Labs Rear Bumper
ARB Front
Dobinsons 4" Flexi Coils with New FR and RR Shocks.
PDI FMIC.
Beaudesert 3" Turboback Exhaust.
Bowfin Roof Rack
33x12.5x15 BF Goodrich AT KO2s with matching Spare.

Titled and registered in PA.

Thinking in the $10-$11k range.

DSC_7879.jpg
20190914_140251.jpg

20190704_060858.jpg

Not that it is a deciding factor, but what sort of mileage do you get out of that?

Not that it is a deciding factor, but what sort of mileage do you get out of that?

Not exactly sure but I think its in the 15s. Driving in the mountains over here.

I also have a LRA 42 Gal AUX tank installed, so typical range is about 1100-1200 Kms.

How much of a PITA is right hand drive in a daily driver situation? I could have my girlfriend buy my 94 FZJ, sell my BMW E30 and buy this.... :cool: Hmm

How much of a PITA is right hand drive in a daily driver situation? I could have my girlfriend buy my 94 FZJ, sell my BMW E30 and buy this.... :cool: Hmm

Here are my thoughts:

If you are going through a drive through. It's not ideal. You can still reach over and pay them etc.

Now if its like a gate where you have to swipe a card or enter a code to enter. It is a PITA.

So are ATMs. I just get out abd do what I need to do. I went on to a military base for 2 years and it wasn't an issue; the gate guards ran out to me with a grin.

Passing a semin on a 2 way highway is risky. Cause you cant see past it. I come across semis on Highway 30 on the way to my job.
I've done it, but its not pleasant.

The turn signal and wiper functions are switched 180 compared to a LHD car.
Pedals are the same, shifter is in your left of course.

Other than that, if you like talking to people, (some will do a double take, or stare or smile or wave) this gets attention. There are the mail truck questions as well. 🙄. I tell them, I'm an off-duty mailman lol.

Overall it's a fun truck to drive.
I feel like my testosterone levels rise when I drive it hahah!!! Honestly, RHD is not bad as many people think it is. At least for me.

I would keep the E30btw man. Those are nice.

Here are my thoughts:

If you are going through a drive through. It's not ideal. You can still reach over and pay them etc.

Now if its like a gate where you have to swipe a card or enter a code to enter. It is a PITA.

So are ATMs. I just get out abd do what I need to do. I went on to a military base for 2 years and it wasn't an issue; the gate guards ran out to me with a grin.

Passing a semin on a 2 way highway is risky. Cause you cant see past it. I come across semis on Highway 30 on the way to my job.
I've done it, but its not pleasant.

The turn signal and wiper functions are switched 180 compared to a LHD car.
Pedals are the same, shifter is in your left of course.

Other than that, if you like talking to people, (some will do a double take, or stare or smile or wave) this gets attention. There are the mail truck questions as well. 🙄. I tell them, I'm an off-duty mailman lol.

Overall it's a fun truck to drive.
I feel like my testosterone levels rise when I drive it hahah!!! Honestly, RHD is not bad as many people think it is. At least for me.

I guess my only concern would be going through a tollbooth. EZ pass is always an option but the bridge that connects US mainland to the 1000 Islands on I-81 springs to mind (I have family I visit up there often) and EZ pass is NOT an option for that bridge.

Regarding passing a semi on a 2 lane road, haven't done that in my 80 because, well, it's an 80.

So are ATMs. I just get out abd do what I need to do.

I've been known to back through an ATM so my passenger can do a transaction...

I guess my only concern would be going through a tollbooth. EZ pass is always an option but the bridge that connects US mainland to the 1000 Islands on I-81 springs to mind (I have family I visit up there often) and EZ pass is NOT an option for that bridge.

Regarding passing a semi on a 2 lane road, haven't done that in my 80 because, well, it's an 80.
Yeah, the EZ Pass toll booth is going to be an irritation. Also, dealing with the incredulous look of the toll booth attendant.

I've passed plenty of semis on I-81 with this thing but as soon as I hit a hill I slow down.
I've been known to back through an ATM so my passenger can do a transaction...
Hahaha!!! Hey that works!!! Wish I could train my dog to do that!!! 🤔.

Oh btw seeing peoples reaction when I drive and her head is sticking out the drivers side: Priceless. 😁😁😁

Link to the for sale I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom