Gauge cluster stopped working now won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I have a 1993 HDJ81 Land Cruiser. Was driving it to the local fuel station before leaving on a trip. On the way to the fuel station the gauge cluster was not reading anything, it was still running and I made it to the fuel station. Then when trying to start it up again no response. I'm thinking it's a fuse or a relay or something. It won't start, the rpm, speed, fuel, oil pressure gauge, or any warning lights won't work. Power Windows, radio, or blower won't work. The interior lights, cigarette lighter and power locks work.

I'm looking through all the fuses but nothing seems to be bad.

Let me know if anyone has experienced this, I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you!

Fuses, fusible link,s and relays would be where i would start.
Well, I made some progress. I replaced all the easily fixable fuses and I got some signal on the gauge clusters. I was able to start it up and it had a very loud squeeking sound then the fuse seemed to blow out again. It appears that the Air Conditioner compressor has gone out. Has what appears to be melted plastic around it. So I removed the belt to the air compressor and the fuses again. It got signal on the gauge cluster and I was able to start it up and it sounds normal again, should be able to get some more power out of it too. But it appears that the fuse has blown again.
I'll spend some more time on it tomorrow and look at some other threads on blown AC compressors.

Well, I made some progress. I replaced all the easily fixable fuses and I got some signal on the gauge clusters. I was able to start it up and it had a very loud squeeking sound then the fuse seemed to blow out again. It appears that the Air Conditioner compressor has gone out. Has what appears to be melted plastic around it. So I removed the belt to the air compressor and the fuses again. It got signal on the gauge cluster and I was able to start it up and it sounds normal again, should be able to get some more power out of it too. But it appears that the fuse has blown again.
I'll spend some more time on it tomorrow and look at some other threads on blown AC compressors.
I got it running with everything except for the AC working. It kept blowing the gauge fuse which didn't allow me to see any warning lights or gauge information. It also didn't allow me to start the vehicle. I unplugged the air conditioner clutch wire and violah! Now it doesn't blow and all my interior functions work.

Now on the hunt for a new air conditioner clutch or possibly new assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom