Gas Gauge (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i've gone as far as covering the (E) on the gas gauge
and when i fill er' up it shows around 16 gallons. ive never gone past the empty mark but i should have 3 gallons remaining right?:meh:

Just wanted to know how far it's been pushed and how much longer i got before i run out...

There have been some issues with the accuracy of the guages in FJ's. In fact some of the early sensors were bad and would cause the guage to essentially come to a rest around the 1/3 to 1/4 mark, even though you were possibly running on fumes!

Several folks ran out of gas and reported their sensors were bad & got them replaced under warranty.

Most have found that there's bout 4 gallons of fuel left +/- when the fuel light comes on, about 3 gallons on E. But hat does;t mean that the fuel pump can reach that last gallon or so.

DEWFPO

I have found that I have a comfortable 30 miles after the low fuel light illuminates. At that point I have taken up to around 17 gals. If I fill up as soon as the light comes on it takes about 14.5 - 15 gals. I hope not to discover at what point it runs out.

Suckin' air!

Nothing like the groan of a fuel pump suckin' air!!

Since were sorta on the topic, I highly recommend a dose of Techron every 10-k...keeps those injectors nice and clean.

Remember to add it while the tank is virtually empty, filler up and then wait till it's almost empty again.

I've used it for YEARS, and although I change filters frequently, I've never had one bad injector or even rough idling.

Correct.. Ron

i've gone as far as covering the (E) on the gas gauge
and when i fill er' up it shows around 16 gallons. ive never gone past the empty mark but i should have 3 gallons remaining right?:meh:

Just wanted to know how far it's been pushed and how much longer i got before i run out...

sweet! that's some good info guys.
when i do drive it to the empty mark and i fill er' up i only put in 16 gallons so maybe i need to have that senser checked out. I'll start putting that chvron in with the fill ups too. anything to keep the beast on the road.:steer:

The light is supposed to come on at 4 gallons left in the tank. I believe this info is in your owners manual.

i never really looked to see what the tank holds, when my light comes on i usually put 15 gallons in to fill. at work i can't pull up the owners manual, so i can't look to see its capacity.

that would make sense. thanks Mountainclimber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom