fzj80 drive flange?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have a spare set laying around?

Well upon further inspection I need a birfield. Blew this one up.

Yep just ordered some. Stinks big time

Nitros from slee

They are all built by rcv, just different heat treating.

Nitros are cheaper? Wish I had known you were in the market for cromo 80 shafts. I would sell mine so I could step up to RCV 30-30-30s in preparation for when Droop becomes more of a buggy than an SUV :-/

I would have bought them if I would have known. Do they make the 30-30-30 for the 80's? I thought that was more for the minis

They do offer a 30-30-30 for the 80 now as opposed to the stock 30-big24-30. No sure if or how much stronger the all-30 shafts are, but they are more expensive.

I looked on rcv website and they only offer the same as I got 30-24-30. From what I have been told the big 24 was never a issue so it has never been changed. But I am new to the game so I have no idea

The 30-30-30 are not advertised on RCV's website. You have to call and ask, or ask Kraig the owner. 95% of people running 80-series axles will never reach the level of needing 30-spline at the star. The large 24-spline is perfectly fine and dandy. I would imagine it isn't a huge gain in strength to step up to 30-30-30.

Found out the axleshafts in Droopy / Swamp Ass are Longfields. HOT DANG! One is clicking a little, so I may send it back and have it rebuilt. Rock out until they blow out.

Got ya, well I guess I will be the one to punish these and see what happens.

If I were you I would beat them till they break or just pack it with some new grease.

I've packed with new grease. It's beyond that. I think I'm going to swap birfs side-to-side like people do with OEM shafts after 150K+ miles to see if going the other direction will improve the click.

I haven't checked with Trail-Gear yet about warranty work on the Longs, so that may not even be an option. However, in the past, Bobby would charge to rebuild but replace for free if they were destroyed. Do I pay to rebuild or just shoot for the moon and see what happens? Guess I will check on warranty first... : >)

If I were you I would start beating the crap out of them. Let me know next time you go out.

I think the next appearance of Droopy will be at the Ramble the first of June. Then HOPING I can take him to Disney for the Arkansas Crawlers' ride. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom