Full custom stereo with removable drawer system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Punch Series 1. Salesman plugged them into the wall. I bought two on the spot.
There's a series one and 2.

20210226_145441.jpg

What soundstream stuff you have in the way of amps? Had the reference series in highschool and loved those systems.

I got some Phoenix Gold Titanium amps NOS I plan on putting in the LX that's going to my nephew for his first car. Diamond components and subs. Should be a period correct system if you consider most people didnt put in a full blown stereo until the vehicle got a little older :)
Make sure you have them recapped. What version of the to series were they? Most of the manufactured phoenix gold amps from the m series theou the ti series all use leaky panasonic caps that all need to be changed or you will burn up your amp.
This is the m series that needs recap. All mine have been and I have the full set with 2 m100s one redone by Steve mantz of zed fame.
The next is my favorite series that isn't zpas, the zx. I have a nib one of each and they all have been recapped. I also have backups of each to use.
Next is the to series they all need the caps replaced as well.

20211019_141015.jpg

20210723_212824.jpg

20201013_163941.jpg

20200903_105845.jpg

Make sure you have them recapped. What version of the to series were they? Most of the manufactured phoenix gold amps from the m series theou the ti series all use leaky panasonic caps that all need to be changed or you will burn up your amp.
This is the m series that needs recap. All mine have been and I have the full set with 2 m100s one redone by Steve mantz of zed fame.
The next is my favorite series that isn't zpas, the zx. I have a nib one of each and they all have been recapped. I also have backups of each to use.
Next is the to series they all need the caps replaced as well.

View attachment 2951083

View attachment 2951084

View attachment 2951085

View attachment 2951090
Thanks for the heads up on the caps. So I know how to ID a cap that's popped. Will a leaky cap actually show some residue around the cap that would ID it?

I have som3 us amps as well, a super cherry USA 150 in green, then 3 chrome ones 2 USA 200s and a 50hc. They made some awesome gear. If you want any arts, I have 6 or 7 of them as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the caps. So I know how to ID a cap that's popped. Will a leaky cap actually show some residue around the cap that would ID it?
Underneath it will. But for the vast majority you won't even notice. You can look at them and see if they are bulged at all on the top. But again these are prone to leak underneath and they may not even show that they have... And then poof... Magic smoke... It's just not worth it. I don't even try to start my pg amps before they get recapped. Even my nib ones have all been recapped.
But that is a problem mainly with the pg amps and some of the Rockford bbq series amps of the same era.
If you want a reference on where to send your amps for recapping. I got a really great guy who has been doing it for 30 plus years and is the most reasonable of all the people I've used. By far.
Regards

20200831_184150.jpg

received_140522331441198.jpeg

received_248896150026559.jpeg

This is hilarious. What a walk down amnesia lane. 👍
Never thought I'd see any of this stuff again. Can't believe it's still around actually.
That Punch75 lolol Some say it felled the iron curtain.

This is hilarious. What a walk down amnesia lane. 👍
Never thought I'd see any of this stuff again. Can't believe it's still around actually.
That Punch75 lolol Some say it felled the iron curtain.
You'd be surprised at the market for the stuff. I just started a fb page and there is already 1000 people in it.

Memory Lane Indeed seeing Punch 45 and 75. I had both amps installed in my 89 Isuzu Trooper back in 1993 powering 3 way RF components up front , 6x9 at the back and a 2 10 inch Bazookas. They were Cheater amps for sure. Can’t wait to see once your done with the install.

I've got a couple of PPI "mufflers" myself:
View attachment 2952535
1400.2 and 4400.2. Bought them new around 2000 and they still sound great.
Quality us made gear from back in the day is still very valid in today's builds. Maybe not in the multiple thousand watts systems when class d is way more effective. But for your average person who just wants stuff to sound good and last. You can't beat old school gear.

Quality us made gear from back in the day is still very valid in today's builds. Maybe not in the multiple thousand watts systems when class d is way more effective. But for your average person who just wants stuff to sound good and last. You can't beat old school gear.
Lol maybe you remember, but PP, Orion, Alpine, MBQuartz, R-F, ...not many 'average people' could afford that level, or would've even if they could've. What do you have in period Pyramid, Crunch, Jensen, (most of)Kenwood, Pyle, Pioneer-(this might start a pfaff), Eclipse, Sherwood, Cerwin-Vega, etc?
You know; what you would have typically found the average person using. lol

Last edited:
Lol maybe you remember, but PP, Orion, Alpine, MBQuartz, R-F, ...not many 'average people' could afford that level, or would even if they could. What do you have in period Pyramid, Crunch, Jensen, (most of)Kenwood, Pyle, Pioneer-(this might start a pfaff), Eclipse, Sherwood, Cerwin-Vega, etc?
You know; what you would have typically found the average person using. lol
Haha eclipse was Def top of the line, and the only cerwin Vegas I have are the stroker 18ds. I have a couple of newer kennwood decks one newer kennwood amp. And I do have some real cool topnof the line pioneers. I have the super sick pioneer combo.. Keh p990 and cds P77. Might ne the only English manual in existence. But I also have 2 carrozeria branded cds P77s. Super cool old dsp. Full time alignment and 15 band eq. Vs the p99 of the time that only had 13. I got this old school set of pioneer components. But they are top of the line as well. I guess I do also have this cool old double din kennwood with built in dsp.
If anyone is looking for period correct gear. Hit me up. I got dozens of decks that will fit right in. And a ton of bad ass components that will also fit and are much better than the ubiquitous Polk dbs or cheapo pioneers that everyone uses.

received_180189940614926.jpeg

20220307_085114.jpg

20220314_104629.jpg

20220114_205631.jpg

The Phase Linear "shop radio", lol.
Haha yeah, I am actually building my dad some towers to go with that old gear. That is his stuff. He is the one that got me into it. But check out what I got to build his towers with. Real nice pioneer 3 way crossovers. Nice old mcintosh components, and some Mackie 8s that were locally made. And I got this old school phase linear evolution Aliante for sub duty.

20220111_175303.jpg

20210604_091705.jpg

20211005_131907.jpg

i-img1198x898-1646463252fcrgon266584.jpg

i-img898x1198-1646463252btgwmn266584.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom