Fuel Pump on Aux Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had to replace the fuel pump on their auxiliary fuel tank? I’m about 90% sure my pump has died, going to confirm it’s not just a wiring issue next weekend.
If you did replace it, what did you replace it with? I estimate I have about 55 hours of use on it, and want to get something more durable.

Has anyone had to replace the fuel pump on their auxiliary fuel tank? I’m about 90% sure my pump has died, going to confirm it’s not just a wiring issue next weekend.
If you did replace it, what did you replace it with? I estimate I have about 55 hours of use on it, and want to get something more durable.

The pump that is included with the LRA kit is really not up to the task. I had two of them fail. Reach out to @sleeoffroad or @Eric Sarjeant and ask what they use on installations. I had Slee upgrade the fittings, tubing, and pump on mine. The pump was much faster and much quieter.

Last edited:
The pump that included with the LRA kit is really not up to the task. I had two of them fail. Reach out to @sleeoffroad or @Eric Sarjeant and ask what they use on installations. I had Slee upgrade the fittings, tubing, and pump on mine. The pump was much faster and much quieter.
Thanks @brasskey. Do you have a receipt from Slee with a part number for the pump?

I believe a version of the Holley Mighty Mite is the replacement some people have been using.

When I had my LRA tank installed by @Eric Sarjeant this is the pump they used.
tempImagexLB3Lc.jpg
tempImage7YmLu9.jpg
tempImageKMHceB.jpg

Mine was noisy and failed after a few months. Replaced it with a Carter which is silent and has a better flow rate. Something I wanted to do anyway so wasn’t sad to see the Aussie pump go. The only challenge with the Carter was it is larger and we needed to swap some fittings. Otherwise it fit no problem. Very happy with it. I understand new LRA kits ship with a different pump. Ward should be able to hook you up with the right model number. The LRA extended fuel tank is easily the best upgrade I ever did.

I used to have the part number for the upgraded faster/quieter pump to replace the BS one they provide you with the tank but I can't find it. It was $70-80 at the auto parts store making it a very worthy upgrade.

Thanks everyone for the help/advice. I replaced it today with a Precision/Carter pump (they have the same numbers on the housing, so likely all come from the same place. Was a 5 hour project with a buddy whose an electrician. I didn’t realize i needed a fuel filter, and had to make a second run to OReillys for some 90 degree elbows to route the fuel line without kinking it as we tried to re use the holes already there so it was tight. Also installed a relay switch since the new pump likely pulled more power and the original power line wiring with not likely thick enough. So the old power line became the new relay switch line, and i ran a new power line to the aux battery under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom