For Sale FS: 1999 4Runner SR5 4x4 248k PA $6500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***SOLD***

Hey Folks,

The time has come to part with my beloved truck. This thing has taken us all up and down the East Coast and provided an easy means to check trip after trip off our travel list. I've owned the 4Runner since 2004 and it has been nothing but awesome. Our only reason for letting it go is that we needed something with a 3rd row. This truck is awesome and I love it! It's average 17.4 mpg over the past 46k miles. It has been aggressively maintained by myself (when possible and reasonable) and professionally maintained when necessary. I have all the service and maintenance history for the past 12+ years. It has a ton of "upgrades" and hopefully I won't forget and miss any on the list.

On to the details:

- 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 Auto
- VIN: JT3HN86R2X0240562
- 3.4l V6
- 248,000+/- miles
- Millennium Silver with Oak (tan) clothe interior.

Exterior:
- Tundra TRD front coils with Bilstein 5100 front shocks (I forget which perch the coil is set on but the truck sits nicely. I forget exactly which color combo the Tundra coils (maybe blue/red??) but these were the specific Tundra TRD setups)
- Old Man Emu 2889 rear coils (medium load) with Bilstein 5100 rear shocks.
- It sits at about a 2.5" lift.
- Original factory springs and shocks included (they have about 40k on them)
- Tacoma Star 5 Spoke wheels (Original "split spoke" SR5 wheels also included)
- BF Goodrich AT KO Tires (265/75R16) (Front tires have about 13k on them. Rear tires have about 25k on them.)
- Hilux 167 Safari Snorkel
- Hella 500 Spot Lights
- Innovited 55w 5000k HID kit for headlights
- CB antenna mount on rear bumper
- OEM Toyota Hitch
- Extended roof rack tracks (24"+)
- Westin brush guard (Black) and tail light guards (not shown but included)
- Tacoma Whip upgrade
- Sport Hood "upgrade" (original hood included)
- WeatherTech Window Visors (dark smoke)
- It has a small rust area on the passenger side rocker panel (see picture)
- Normal tiny dings, and scratches.

Interior:
- All Dash/instrument/interior bulbs upgraded to bright white LEDs.
- Pioneer CD head unit with 3.5mm headphone plug audio input.
- Drivers/front passenger door speakers upgraded to Pioneers (I forget which; it was a while ago....)
- Cigarette lighter plug replaced with 2 USB plugs.
- If you happen to have an iPad Mini; I'll include a free iPad Mini mount. It's nothing super fancy but it works great and looks great.
- Husky floor liners for the front seats.
- Cheap seat covers on the fronts. (All the seats are in great condition besides the drivers side bolster area)
- Non-Smoker
- Front door windows tinted (I forget what percentage but they match the backs)
- Sunroof (drains are all clear.....)
- Voltage display added to center dash console (custom).

(I have a custom-made 2-drawer system made for the back which I may include if it doesn't fit the new truck. I can also include a yakima rail-rider roof rack setup for a few bucks more)

Engine/Maintenance:
- Deck plate mod
- Auxiliary Fuse block for accessories
- Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Oil and Bosch Filter (oversized) done every 5k
- Air filters changed regularly
- Differential/Transfer Oils done at 243k
- Steering Rack Bushings done at 243k
- Rear Brake Bell Cranks done at 237k
- Tires Balanced and Alignment done at 235k
- Front and Rear Brakes (Discs and Pads and Drums and Shoes) done at 235k
- Bilstein Shocks done at 234k
- Battery replaced at 220k (July 2014)
- Spark Plugs and wires done at 219k
- Fuel Filter done at 219k
- Rear catalytic Converter, Muffler, and both O2 sensors done at 217k
- Radiator and Transmission fluid replaced at 207k (September 2012)
- Water pump and timing belt done at 187k (October 2011)
- No check engine lights, or faults, or errors.
- Doesn't burn or drip a drop of oil
- Frame spot wire brushed and touch up painted every summer.

(That's the last 5 years and all the major stuff.... I have more records.... it's been very well maintained.)

I'm asking $5800. Offers welcomed.

This truck is awesome and I love it but I can't bare to let it sit or put it in long-term storage (which I was considering). I will miss it dearly. It's ready to go just about anywhere you are. I want it to end up in a good home and continue it's adventuring!

You can email, call, or message me for more info. (Patrick - pfetich@gmail.com - 610-763-5936 - Reading PA)

On to the money shots........

Last edited:
I've received a few questions from people and figured I'd add them on here since I'm sure they'll be asked again:

-Clean title? Clean and clear PA title in my hands
-Any accidents? No accidents. Two years ago the original hood was damaged in a small hail storm. It has very very tiny dings (almost unnoticible) but my insurance bought me a new hood (which I happened to make sure was the sport, scooped, version)
-Do the airbags work? All the airbags are original and "unmolested".
-Any mechanical issues? None at all. The truck runs and drives great. I'm a stickler for preventative maintenance.
-4WD works? 4x4 Hi and Lo work perfectly and engage smoothly.
-Is there any frame rust? There is very minor surface rust at the factory welds. My last car (Nissan Pathfinder) rusted out so which this one I've been aggressively fighting rust. Each summer I wire brushed any new rust spots, primered, and painted with oil based enamel.
-Is there anything that would prevent it from being reliable enough to go cross-country and back? Honestly; No. I was actually planning a trip out to Utah and Arizona this spring and planned on taking it. But we came to the conclusion it would have been a bit tight for two adults, two kids, and two dogs.
-How old are the tires? The front two were replaced in September 2015 and the rear two were in the summer of 2013. (Tires aren't cheap so I was doing two at a time.)
-Anything that will prevent it from passing inspection? All the lights work 100%. Brakes are relatively new. Tires are good. No codes or check engine lights. All the exhaust and emissions stuff is there and in working order. I think PA is about as strict as NY is so you shouldn't have any issues.
-How many owners has it had? I think I'm the third owner. I've owned it since 2004 and to be honest; I forget what the info was before that.
-A/C and heat work? A/C works great. Heat works great. It also has rear heat.
-How are the headlights? The headlights are awesome. I did a plug and play 55w HID kit from Innovited. They're 5000k so they have very good color and penetration. These are the Hi/Lo kit so both the low beam and high beam are HIDs. They draw less power than incandescent and are much brighter. They have a great pattern also. I just updated the kit in August and they have a two year warranty. Innovited sells specifically on amazon and as a company theyre great to work with. Replacement bulbs and ballast are cheap and easily available.
-The mileage doesn't worry me but I know what comes with vehicles up at that point of their life. Does it need anything like suspension bushings? I did replace all the suspension bushings and upper/lower ball joints somewhere around 150k miles. I forget exactly when and couldn't find my invoice for it. I have an app for all my fuel and service history (Fuelly) but I only started using it about 5 years ago. The trucks drives and rides a bit "truck" like but not bad. I think a lot of the roughness is because of the tires to be honest.
-How's it do off-road? I have no plans to do any of the ultra-tough stuff, but certainly would like to do some wheeling. It is awesome offroad. I did the Vermont Overland festival this past year. (All the scenic easy trails) It is more than capable of fire roads and class 4s. It's certainly no rock climber or desert runner but it's great. I never abused it offroad or went through mud puddles that I couldn't avoid. Mud just means more cleaning.
-Does it have a harness for a trailer? Yes, it has the factory 4 pin connector. The little rivets that held it to the hitch rusted away. Its currently just tucked up under the hitch.
Scramble likes this.

Thursday night bump and price drop.

Open to offers.

This baby needs a good home!

It went out today! It's on it's way home to the great, warm, and gentle South Carolina.

It will be surely missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom