Front upper light cluster and garage door opener tray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ever since I've owned my LC the tray is has been hanging down in the front about a 1/2 inch. Wondered can I just pull it down and replace the tabs on it so it will stay in place or do I have to order a whole new part? Also wondered with this upgrade how much horsepower and gas savings can be achieved.

50HP

Just pull it down. IIRC.... There are some clips on the back that have probably pulled out. Reinsert the clips and push the panel back up.

I had similar issues after I first bought mine and it took a couple of tries to get everything lined up properly and the panel reinstalled. Been a couple of years since I was in it, but no problems since then.

From memory of taking mine off a few months back I recall there should be one screw in the tray area that helps hold it on aside from the clips. Maybe you are missing this screw or it needs to be tightened.

IMG_1339.jpg

^^^^^ You are correct, there is a screw up inside the pocket. Damn... getting old sucks.

Cool I'm taking it down tonight to get this fixed, thanks, and 50HP for such an easy fix. Who would have known?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom