Front suspension advice please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I know there is a bunch of information about suspension setups already posted here but I couldn't find one that addresses my particular setup. As of now I have a '05 (160k miles) with TRD wheels and Wildpeak 265 /70 R17. I've tried to trim the fender liner on the driver's side but still have regular rubbing issues and the front suspension seems slightly saggy and a little harsh over bumps. I suspect it's on it's original suspension in front. In the rear I've swapped for OEM spec GX470 Dobinsons springs. The installer said it was at OEM ride height in back but it definitely sits higher in back. My question is: what front suspension options would work best to 1) hopefully raise the suspension an inch or so to better level the higher back end and 2) hopefully alleviate some of the driver's side rub? 3) provide a good replacement for the worn out parts? Thanks!

Hello. I know there is a bunch of information about suspension setups already posted here but I couldn't find one that addresses my particular setup. As of now I have a '05 (160k miles) with TRD wheels and Wildpeak 265 /70 R17. I've tried to trim the fender liner on the driver's side but still have regular rubbing issues and the front suspension seems slightly saggy and a little harsh over bumps. I suspect it's on it's original suspension in front. In the rear I've swapped for OEM spec GX470 Dobinsons springs. The installer said it was at OEM ride height in back but it definitely sits higher in back. My question is: what front suspension options would work best to 1) hopefully raise the suspension an inch or so to better level the higher back end and 2) hopefully alleviate some of the driver's side rub? 3) provide a good replacement for the worn out parts? Thanks!
Hey bud. Just saw that no one replied to your questions. Looks like we have the exact same setup, but my tires don't rub. Installing 5100s all around tomorrow with adjustable height struts to level the front end and improve the overall ride quality on dirt, gravel, etc. Seems pretty standard for those of us who only want a stage one upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom