Front speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ZOX

Threads
Does anybody knows maximum possible mounting depth for front speakers? I need full 3"(76mm). Am I too optimistic?

I am pretty sure the factory speaker is 2.5" that includes it's built in spacer. I am not sure how tight that is to the factory grill either, I assume there is a little play there.

I'd say they will fit, just not a 5 min. bolt in job. Will need some type of spacer probably.

Tnx for info. I will purchase then a DLS speakers with 3" mount depth. Recently I heard a pair of those connected only to a (low budget) Pioneer head unit, and sound was great. Much much better then OEM in my LC.

BTW from your Sig I realize you are also owner of ACE 750. Mine is '99 and still look and run great.

Did it today. I must made a spacer (3 cm - cca. 1.2") and it fit fine. I must say the OEM speakers is a cheapness s*** uncompareable with the price of vehicle. I must change rear pair ASAP.

Cool, and the grill/cover fit over the speaker without any problems? What did you use to fab the 3cm spacer?

Yeah, I don't know what Toyota was thinking, they have all that space in the front doors, way more than in an 80, and they put in complete crap, probably the same speaker as a corolla.

even GM has better sounding stereos.

hoser said:
Cool, and the grill/cover fit over the speaker without any problems? What did you use to fab the 3cm spacer?

A MDF plate. The grill fit like before. Look at the pics.
MDF 2.jpg

Thanks, ZOX. I don't think I've ever seen a 100 series cruiser in that color... or have I? Do you have anymore pics. It's always cool to see the different options that we don't get here in the U.S.

Here it is. My beauty with Diesel heart. :)
TLC 1.jpg
TLC 2.jpg

How does the door panel come off? Any tricks?

Oh, yes, I have seen that color on Spressomon's rig. Nice Diesel option there :)

Jukelemon said:
How does the door panel come off? Any tricks?

No tricks. Just handle easy and carefully. On front doors you have two screws with caps (obviously you must first remove those caps), and one below the knob plastic. Other screws (on the bottom) are visible. There is one hidden screw below the window control plate. You must take out this plate first (with help of screwdriver from front side of the plate) to see this hidden screw. On front doors you must remove a tweeter plastic before removing a door plate. I have difficulties with removing knob plastic. You must be careful, and with a help of adequate screwdriver raise the upper and after that lower part of plastic. After first time removing those plastic you will see the system and after that it will be very easy. After you removing all screws and knob plastic just pull door panel and lift they up. Voila.

Thanks. PLease define knob plastic

Sorry about my English. I meant plastic frame which surround a door knob. I hope this description is understandable enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom