Front rotors warped. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 63,000+ miles on my '07 that I've had since new in '06. I've had the front brakes done twice already and ready to do them again. Have had the rotors turned as needed. This time upon inspection I noticed inboard/outboard wear on driver side 5/50% remaining and passenger side just the opposite at 50/5%. Any one else have problems with rapid/uneven wear. I've had toyota trucks since the '80's and seem to go thru front breaks often. I also own an '07 Chevy 1500 with about the same miles that I use as a work truck and have not had to do the brakes yet. Is it just a Toyota thing?

Have 120,000 miles on mine; replaced pads one time so far at 90,000 miles, no uneven wear on pads or rotors.

I had warped rotors (or at least that what they said) and had them changed. It was around the 50K mark. I do alot of summer desert off pavement driving and have started using 4L alot more to save on brakes. Easy to pop in and out of L so no big deal.

I have 63,000+ miles on my '07 that I've had since new in '06. I've had the front brakes done twice already and ready to do them again. Have had the rotors turned as needed. This time upon inspection I noticed inboard/outboard wear on driver side 5/50% remaining and passenger side just the opposite at 50/5%. Any one else have problems with rapid/uneven wear. I've had toyota trucks since the '80's and seem to go thru front breaks often. I also own an '07 Chevy 1500 with about the same miles that I use as a work truck and have not had to do the brakes yet. Is it just a Toyota thing?

Make sure the shop you are taking your FJ to is using an on vehicle rotor resurfacing machine, these work the best. It does seem strange that you are getting uneven wear like that. I wonder if it could have something to do with your calipers.

So when you say "warped", are you actually getting a shake in the steering wheel when braking?

I've got about 48K miles with stock brake pads. They still have over 1/4" of meat left on them even though my ATRAC has tried its best to eat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom