Front Bumper Options for 2016+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for pictures and pricing for front bumpers for a 2016+ Land Cruiser. Please post pics and what you paid. Thanks in advance!! Love this site...

HtaWQxx.png

Dissent "new design" full bumper replacement, which is the larger design, not the "shorty" original style. Fully spec'd out:
- Aluminum skinned bumper w/ steel frame
- Black Powedercoat
- Bull Bars
- Rigid Fog Lights
- Comeup Seal 12.5rs winch/rope/remote
- Factor 55 flat link
- cutouts for healight washers & parking sensors. No issues with cruise radar.
- shipping (from CA to CO)

1601645539003.png

On order now (expecting it in the next handful of weeks).

Overall price $5k. You get what you pay for. This design reminds me of a more slick Rhino bumper. I couldn't swallow the 18 feet of front overhang on the ARB or TJM, and didn't like the boxiness of the Ironman. This tucks up nice, without being as minimalist as the original Dissent design. For me it's the perfect mix of small while still being an actual bumper.

You can do it for less cost. I checked every box on the order except the additional lighting (the 4 bumper mounted lights shown in the pic above.) To compare apples to apples, the base bumper price is $2,250, which I think is very competitive for a boutique offering.

Contact Ben @ Dissent for more info. bencalhoon86@gmail.com / 530-588-2494

-Chris

Last edited:
Dissent "new design" full bumper replacement, which is the larger design, not the "shorty" original style. Fully spec'd out:
- Aluminum skinned bumper w/ steel frame
- Black Powedercoat
- Bull Bars
- Rigid Fog Lights
- Comeup Seal 12.5rs winch/rope/remote
- Factor 55 flat link
- cutouts for healight washers & parking sensors. No issues with cruise radar.
- shipping (from CA to CO)

On order now (expecting it in the next handful of weeks).

Overall price $5k. You get what you pay for. This design reminds me of a more slick Rhino bumper. I couldn't swallow the 18 feet of front overhang on the ARB or TJM, and didn't like the boxiness of the Ironman. This tucks up nice, without being as minimalist as the original Dissent design. For me it's the perfect mix of small while still being an actual bumper.

You can do it for less cost. I checked every box on the order except the additional lighting (the 4 bumper mounted lights shown in the pic above.) To compare apples to apples, the base bumper price is $2,250, which I think is very competitive for a boutique offering.

Contact Ben @ Dissent for more info. bencalhoon86@gmail.com / 530-588-2494

-Chris

The aluminum skin on the Dissent I think is great for weight savings. Wish more manufacturers did that.

As far as overhang, you are very wrong about the TJM. I know the ARB does stick out much more than most, but I don't have one so I can't comment on how far. The TJM is only 4 1/2" from the end of the grill to the end of the bumper. The vertical supports on each side stick out about an 1". Looking at the side profile below from the Dissent full bumper, it doesn't look much shallower, if any. Especially with the recovery points sticking out on either side (TJM's are integrated into bumper in original recovery point location shown in picture below). Do you know what the depth is from the grill to the end of the recovery point on the Dissent? The TJM is also a much beefier bumper (63mm outer loops, full wrap/welded vertical supports, etc.), so it will need some overhang as its primary purpose is full frontal protection. The bumper is airbag compatible/tested, has integrated recovery points, LED fogs/combos included, aerial tabs, T-slot for high-lift, 3 year warranty, etc.). All this for $1775 from which I think is a great deal.

I think the Dissent is great bumper also. Wasn't around when I purchased, but just wanted to clarify the overhang for OP and others as it doesn't seem to be much different than the Dissent.

XITCKWD.jpg

IPJDRsm.jpg

jxpUCm4.jpg

Last edited:
^ Always so much great info from this site!

I was under the impression that the TJM was basically a clone of the ARB. I could be wrong on that. I'm not a fan of the flat surfaces on the top of the ARB and TJM. They remind me a drone landing platform.

Looks are 100% subjective though. As my dad used to say "there's an ass for every seat." I am that ass!

-Chris

Rhino - Check out Mcgaskins posts. You will have to order from Australia or Argentina; I ordered from the later and it was reasonable in price and time.

I realize I'm biased, but I think a color matched Rhino is the sleekest and best looking 200 bumper on the market today, especially for a 16+. I had one on my 16 and have one on my 13 now, but I will admit the fit and finish and lines are better on the 16+ bumper. I have lots of detail in my Ruby build thread and this specific thread to discuss the front bumper (Rhino 4x4 Front Bumper), but the main advantages to me are: excellent appearance and approach angle, light weight, perfect winch placement, crash tested in Australia, and very unique in the US.

I have had an ARB on a 200 in the past and a TJM on a 100. They're both great bumpers as well, but they are much bulkier, heavier, and do not have the same body line flow. They do offer headlight and grill protection, but that wasn't really something I was looking for. I would really like to see the new Dissent design without hoops and color matched to a 200 because I think it could be an excellent domestically made alternative to the Rhino.

149aca5b-836b-4362-a841-cae469b1341e-jpeg.1977319

ACtC-3eDgfXZT2vJajFQjoapeFT3ZCGKPE3pjB4H3PpOXICcB_cpDAQgU0iTlAITICa4aKX5IX9skAWtq_iUHopWxP9tQcQ-7IujhZcG0k4cUVHr1asozScsLXdGSPShrqG420gs4sHkbSHO05iRGp5PzspUCA=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3e0XNMek6wrbZWLO0wjGUGw-VGePO_4nyQHTAFY67YbG8oieaZx5gtyXe6FeUTiNwxxw4ormmiWWch-b7evT_BCJ_sfAHeGAS-OLDptpafc6R8mxFpG8H2vfFkxrVLAXi4HCLNC0y9L3VspUHwpgW6EHg=w1025-h937-no

I 100% agree that the New Dissent and the Rhino are brothers from another mother.

I was seriously considering not going with the bull bars when I ordered my Dissent, but my conservative nature took over, and I opted for a bit more protection. I do like how the Dissent design has the bullbars more conforming to the 16+ body lines.

I'm certainly very interested to see what it looks like on my truck once it's installed.

Are you going to install it yourself?

Local install @Briano in Gunnison.

I just moved and haven't even begun to unpack all my garage stuff and tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom