Front Blinker Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josey1972

SILVER Star
Threads
Both of my front blinkers turn on and stay lit when I turn on headlights. I cleaned the ground where it’s attached to the fender very well. Rear lights work as they should. Bulbs are not burnt.

Any suggestions on the next step?

Do they blink when you apply the turn signals? Are you sure you are looking at the turn signals and not the parking lights?

If it's those push down and twist type bulbs- make sure they are the right ones and installed correctly.

Do they blink when you apply the turn signals? Are you sure you are looking at the turn signals and not the parking lights?
On my truck its one bulb. When the headlights are on they stay on. When the headlights are off they dont blink at all. But the rear lights do.

If it's those push down and twist type bulbs- make sure they are the right ones and installed correctly.
Thats a great point. i looked at the bulbs and they are not blown. But dont know if those are the correct ones. I will check that tomorrow.

On my truck its one bulb. When the headlights are on they stay on. When the headlights are off they dont blink at all. But the rear lights do.

So do they blink when you move the turn signal stalk up or down to signal either right or left and the headlights are on? And are you looking at the turn signals, which are rectangular and normally mounted in the bumper, or the parking lights, which are your corner markers adjacent to the headlights? When you do make your signal selection, does the corresponding arrow in the dash blink quickly, or slowly?

Have you checked the fluid?

TJ, if my memory serves, the front turn signals were removed.

That's exactly why I am trying to figure out what lights he is looking at. I thought they were gone too, but was not sure.

I did too, but you know how my recall is.

Do the the bulbs have 1 filament or two?
They have two. Both filaments light up when the headlights are turned on.

Ahhhh shoot. The front rectangular ambers. Right. I need to crawl up in there and see if they were just cut off.

That’s not supposed to happen
Once I get the new front markers wired up we will see what happens. The pigtail was clipped off right where it splices into the harness so it’ll be a but of a chore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom