Front alighment in the Okanagan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gofast

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys, I need an alignment for my RHD. Can anyone recommend a local shop in the Okanagan that won't freak over road camber?

Thanks

john

Thanks,

I'll check them out. Where are you located?

I had my truck aligned at RH Wheel and Brake, 250-762-6533.

They did a great job aligning it after my new suspension was put in. Dead on.

RH Wheel and Brake
Suite B - 1890 Baron Rd
Kelowna
British Columbia
V1X 6G3

Another vote for RH Wheel and Brake.
Was pleased with the alignment they provided on my RHD BJ70 after having new OME springs installed .

There is no difference between RHD and LHD alignments, so I don't know why this is an issue other than with the mindset of the shop or technician.

~John

Not all shops will work on RHD vehicles and it's good to know shops in your area you can go to knowing their quality of work, i don't see what's wrong with that.

There is no difference between RHD and LHD alignments, so I don't know why this is an issue other than with the mindset of the shop or technician.

~John

Not all shops will work on RHD vehicles and it's good to know shops in your area you can go to knowing their quality of work, i don't see what's wrong with that.

The quality of workmanship is a separate issue, of course, but not willing to work on a RHD simply because it's a RHD is about mindset.

Yes, it can affect a business's bottom line when parts sourcing takes ages and there are no labour guides or repair manuals to go by, but the actual vehicle doesn't function any differently than a similar LHD unit.

There are lots of great quality/workmanship shops that don't want vehicles tying up their hoists, RHD or not, when parts take overly long or information resources are not there - and so are not as willing to take them on (and that's fair).

Being an educated consumer is great: supply workshop manuals where needed and let them know how/where to get parts from.

And, many (most, if not all) shops do not like clients bringing in their own parts; it can have a profoundly negative effect on their bottom line and also affects the kind of warranty you may or may not get.

Bottom line: provide the information they need, let them know what similar LHD models are for information resources and parts sourcing, provide the names of parts suppliers who have in stock or can get the parts in a respectable time frame. Let the shop obtain any parts on their own unless they say it's ok for you to supply your own parts.

This is coming from the POV of a shop owner who works on lots of RHDs. I do this stuff each and every workday...

~John

Another vote for RH Wheel and Brake.
Was pleased with the alignment they provided on my RHD BJ70 after having new OME springs installed .

BTW, an alignment is not needed after doing an OME lift on your BJ70.

What is needed is 2.5* caster shims under the front springs to correct that caster that is removed by spring lift and the slightly longer shackles (we use the rear shackles in the front - works better), and checking the centering of the steering wheel (adjustable by changing the drag link length -or- quick and dirty method is to take the steering wheel off and re-indexing it).

If you're getting some wander and weak re-center of your steering wheel, you probably need more caster angle.

Any other steering issues are probably related to things other than the OME lift, but are being amplified by the fact that you've gone up 75mm or more in height.

~John

I just picked up my 77 Series from a local alignment shop on Friday (pulling to the right after a suspension upgrade and new tires) and the technician mentioned that he had never worked on a RHD. I asked if that was a problem and he said "absolutely not." After installing a couple of 2° shims the issue was corrected. :)

You can align a solid axle cruiser in your driveway. I've done it and had it checked, no adjustments necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom