Fridge Slider with 3rd row seat(s) in place? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have frequent needs to have 3rd row seats, so I would like to keep my 3rd row seats in place and at the same time be able to store them to the side and also have a mounting location for a fridge for quick weekend getaways.

Any such platform exist? I recognize that I may just need to permanently remove one of the 3rd row seats, but am looking for the best of both worlds. Kid hauler during the week, light duty camping on the weekends.

Fold up one third row seat and put one of the many available electric fridges in that spot. Remove it when you're not using it. A fridge slide is a nice addition, but completely unnecessary. If you wanted to get fancy, either make or hire someone to make you a plywood platform that attaches to the seat mounting brackets.

As a fridge slide owner, I can tell you that it's pretty awesome. Especially with the lower tailgate (in my case, in an 80 Series) pushing you further away from the inside of the rig and the fridge, a fridge slide brings everything out to you. It's way easier on your back and makes getting in the back of the fridge immeasurably easier. However, the slides are not cheap, and installing one is some work (think holes in the floor of the rig or a platform). I'd suggest getting a fridge as suggested and using it for a while to decide if you want to go the distance and install a slide for it.
In the meantime, if you do have a fridge, I suggest making sure you strap that thing down really well. You do not want a full fridge flying around inside the cabin in the event of an accident or rollover. I prefer the continuous loop, friction buckle type used for kayaks and the like. I think they are much more secure than the ratchet straps with the S hooks on the ends. Just my two cents.

After doing some research I have found this solution:

Exactly what I was looking for. Something that can easily go in and out of the vehicle, without having to remove the 3rd row seats, while also allowing for easier access to the fridge because it's on a slide.

As a fridge slide owner, I can tell you that it's pretty awesome. Especially with the lower tailgate (in my case, in an 80 Series) pushing you further away from the inside of the rig and the fridge, a fridge slide brings everything out to you. It's way easier on your back and makes getting in the back of the fridge immeasurably easier. However, the slides are not cheap, and installing one is some work (think holes in the floor of the rig or a platform). I'd suggest getting a fridge as suggested and using it for a while to decide if you want to go the distance and install a slide for it.
In the meantime, if you do have a fridge, I suggest making sure you strap that thing down really well. You do not want a full fridge flying around inside the cabin in the event of an accident or rollover. I prefer the continuous loop, friction buckle type used for kayaks and the like. I think they are much more secure than the ratchet straps with the S hooks on the ends. Just my two cents.
I totally agree with you, which is why I want a slide. I have a National Luna 50L that has served me will in my other vehicle and I want to move it back and forth between them. A slide with a mounting plate makes that easier. Oh, and I use the fridge in the house for wine when I am not camping :)

here is another solution:

Install the floor panel, which is compatible with the 3rd row seats, and install a slider for the fridge when needed. Or drawers. Or both.

Seek and ye shall find. Of course the original reply could work, which is to do nothing, but the tailgate makes for a long reach.

Just throwing our 2cents out here for consideration: You can run the Air Down Gear Up Standalone Kitchen on one side, while retaining the 3rd row seat in the other. Clearance would be tight for the folded up 3rd row while being stowed, but there should be just enough space to clear. The kitchen gets you a fridge slide PLUS the additional stove tray and slide out table, packaging a lot of utility in a small space! I don't have a picture of this exact arrangement, but you can see the kitchen as installed on a 100 series, showing the room available on the side.

20220824_152754.jpg

20220824_153843.jpg

I built a slide out of some baltic birch and amazon slides. I made it to fit over top my Tuffy Security lock box, so not directly on the floor. Also doubles and secured storage under the slide as I have it. Just need to loosen two small u-bolts to remove. Super simple, super fast. Cooler fully opens and accessible, but tall.
Fridge Slide Interior.jpg
driveway.jpg

Just throwing our 2cents out here for consideration: You can run the Air Down Gear Up Standalone Kitchen on one side, while retaining the 3rd row seat in the other. Clearance would be tight for the folded up 3rd row while being stowed, but there should be just enough space to clear. The kitchen gets you a fridge slide PLUS the additional stove tray and slide out table, packaging a lot of utility in a small space! I don't have a picture of this exact arrangement, but you can see the kitchen as installed on a 100 series, showing the room available on the side.

View attachment 3242690
View attachment 3242698

Those are really good looking setups! Nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom