Free Gobi Ladder - LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been in contact with Gobi about a ladder specific to the lx. I sent them a link to some threads I found about people wanting them. They reached back out to me and said whoever was willing to drop an lx off at their Auroro headquarters for a week would leave with a free ladder.

I’m outside Seattle so I won’t be driving to CO for a free ladder. But maybe someone else, whose closer is interested? Then the lx community would have a ladder that doesn’t need modifying with a BFH!

Why would you think that the LX ladder is different than the LC ladder? I'm pretty sure the auto-open lift gates (on the LC since 2018 I believe) are the same.

BTW, since when I traded in my 2016 LC for the 2021 version I needed to replace the GOBI ladder with the auto lift gate model I now have a manual lift gate model for sale. Probably $250+shipping. (I had to pay $350 for the new one).

It’s not my area of expertise, but my assumption is that if Gobi needs a loaner truck to mock-up a ladder then it’s likely different from the LX. Just an assumption- I don’t have an LC and can’t speak to it. I’m sure someone more familiar can speak to it.

Yeah. I'm no expert either. Maybe the air foil or whatever they call that wing thing that sticks out the back is shaped different. Would expect that the lift gates are the same as they 2018-2021 LCs "inherited" theirs from the LX. At least that is what I have been told.

The lc ladder can be adapted to the lx from what I’ve read with a bfh. I think it will still partially block the camera though.

I haven’t heard anything from Gobi. I know the guy I got them in touch with reached out recently. I don’t know if they responded to him and just cut me out or if they just didn’t respond to him all together. So as of now I don’t have any updates.

I'm local with a 2010 LX and might be interested too... Several hours away at LCDC this week, but back next week.

Over the years I contacted Gobi multiple times and offered my truck for as long as they needed. They took all my info and never heard anything back. I ended up making a LC one fit but the rear spoiler is different and the tailgate area which it attaches to on the bottom are different and mounts have to be modified to fit. Had to also cut a bit off the bottom mount to unblock the rear view camera. I even called after I did it and again offered the truck with the ladder I made fit so they can see what modifications were needed but again crickets...

70AC2F7E-FE60-42D9-846D-6C5C3F3F5B42.jpeg

Over the years I contacted Gobi multiple times and offered my truck for…
Feels like this is the way to go. I was hopeful that Gobi might be in development for something for the LX crowd but no point in waiting longer. Should have just bought a LC version years ago. Thanks for the pic, looks great. Any more pics you could share, specifically where modifications were required? Tks!

Feels like this is the way to go. I was hopeful that Gobi might be in development for something for the LX crowd but no point in waiting longer. Should have just bought a LC version years ago. Thanks for the pic, looks great. Any more pics you could share, specifically where modifications were required? Tks!
Hopefully they come through eventually but the top steel mount has a step in it for the LC spoiler which the LX does not have so it needed to be flattened and a big sledge took care of that. The bottom took fiddling with different bolts, spacers and some cutting of the factory plastic so the two teeth they have on the lower corners would have somewhere to dig into to make it secure using the clamping system made for the land cruiser. This is the part that is less than ideal and all they would really need to rework if they ever get around to it. Part of the steel on the lower mount also had to be cut off as it was obstructing part of the rear camera view. It’s not the prettiest but I and the kids have been up and down it a lot over the years and have had no issues. Some double sided tape at the bottom section of the ladder to attach it to the hatch before putting on the lower clamp helps keep everything secure also.

833EC801-AABB-4378-B0D4-845A830BC684.jpeg
9784BBF4-002F-445C-9419-AB4FDDE7B5E2.jpeg

1540672F-08EF-4001-98CC-190DB09C7259.jpeg

also be very careful with what looks like the outer weatherstripping as it is really the sensor for the auto open/close function. If you puncture that your auto close will no longer work. It’s like a ballon so be very careful. I learnt the hard way unfortunately.

Thank you so much for these! This is great info and it’s much appreciated.

Would one of these ladders be a decent place to mount a hilift and max trax?

Probably not though I don’t have experience with the automatic lift gate. Any weight out on the ladder must be carried by the pistons lifting the lift gate. When I had my 2016 LC I did notice a difference just due to the weight of the ladder alone.

Yep. I have one of the automatic lift gate models on order. Ordered it back in early June. Not expecting it until late next month or September. But if you are looking for the non-automatic model I will be selling the one I took off my 2016 LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom