Frame repair/replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!

I have a 2004 gx470 with a very rusty frame. I live in Birmingham. Alabama. I need to find a shop that will either repair or replace my frame. The truck only has 125k miles on it and the interior is perfect. The problem is the frame and i found a used one that has no rust for 800 bucks. Do any of you know of a good reputable shop here in Birmingham that will do the work? I have been trying to find a shop with no luck. Thanks in advance!

You’re likely better off getting another used GX with a good frame. That’s going to be an incredibly expensive job to have a shop perform.

You’re looking at 30-40 hours of book time for the job.

I know its gonna be about 40 hours. Its worth it to spend 4000 to get this right. I havent been able to find another one in this good of shape (except for frame). I was just hoping someone knew a good shop to take it to. Thanks!

I know its gonna be about 40 hours. Its worth it to spend 4000 to get this right. I havent been able to find another one in this good of shape (except for frame). I was just hoping someone knew a good shop to take it to. Thanks!
Have you tried any of the big Toyota / Landcruiser specialty resto shops?

Not sure if there’s one in Alabama, but someone like ACC Garage in Atlanta might be worth the trip and more inclined to tackle a job like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom