fox coil overs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

milesstarkey said:
i have (as far as i know) original leaf springs. i've done the spring over, luke from 4x4labs hi-steer conversion, nismo racing seats, new rubber bushings from SOR, and it's still a neck breaking ride. where do i get these teflon strips? and how do i get that clamp thing off the springs and back on? that's the only thing suggested i haven't already done.

pics?

stock springs and stock shackle angles will still net a less than smooth ride....relocate those mounts

and which shocks?

pics do wonders...

IMO, teflon strips are not a good long-term solution. If you wheel the rig at all, the strips will work out from under the leafs. My money will back Woody, and I bet that your shackles are nearly vertical.

woody said:
pics?

stock springs and stock shackle angles will still net a less than smooth ride....relocate those mounts

and which shocks?

pics do wonders...

I'm with Woody too. Shocks is the first thing I thought of. What have you got on there for shocks?

edit: How bout some pics for this thread? :bounce2:

Mace said:
3K is what, 2500US??

With airshocks I can see that. Althoguh material pricing has increased considerably lately.

And if you add coilovers you will double the cost of shocks. Figure 2K US just for 4 corners of shocks. Air shocks, are closer to 1K for 4 (ish).

And if you cannot do it yourself it gets expensive, quick.

Sway bars run conservativly about $250-350 per end. Almost another K just in sway bars and mounting.

Costs add up quick for something that is not broken..

I would proablly run winch's front and rear and nix the sway bar issue. Coil the front and air the back. Or coil over on the front and coil in the rear. I love the simplicity of leaf spring and they definetly snow wheel better.

I don't see why leaf springs won't work, but I also know coils, air shocks and coilovers on a properly designed and tuned suspension will work better. If cost is ANY concern, get the leafs working properly with a good spring pack and proper shackle angle and you will be fine.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom