Four Wheeler Magazine said: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took out an '08 Tahoe Z71 4x4 this past weekend and the build quality was really good. I was really impressed with the interior. I would say every bit as good or even better than my '01 LC. I grew up on 1980's big Bronco's so I have a special place in my heart for the big USA iron. If the US auto makers make a good vehicle I will definitely buy it. I guess I'm not "brand" loyal !!

:cheers:

You're a nutjob. The new GM Tahoe vehicles are having major problems. You'll never have an '08 Cruiser. Yer all talk.

You're a nutjob. The new GM Tahoe vehicles are having major problems. You'll never have an '08 Cruiser. Yer all talk.

Wow, the guys over at Club Lexus are right about you !! :flipoff2:

See, anytime someone even mentions some alternative vehicle you get your silly little pink panties all in a wad wayyy up in you crack.

News to the world jack-o.....Your beloved toyota is not the end all, be all vehicle you so vehemently wish that it was...That's why you seem to be so sensitive about it when someone doesn't lavish it with unbridled praise !!

Go ahead keep telling yourself how great it is...At least you have convinced yourself !! :)

Are you blind? I believe the new car smell got to your senses. The chevy's are much better however the interior materials are no where close to a 01 LC. I was in an 08 GMC Yukon XL the other day and I was impressed by the progress however they are still behind. The plastic is just still so plasticky. The chevy and gmc's should be about 35k max however they are approaching 50 or 55k. There are so many snowed people in this area however I believe most do not care at all.

To be honest, I have never been all that impressed with the interior of my 100. It is really quite plain and generic, especially for what they ask for the things. For a $30-$40K vehicle, maybe...But for a $55-60K+ it really is quite....austere. Jesus, at least my 1991 Range Rover has real wood trim in it !! Not some silly, cheap assed fake wood sticker !! :lol:

I was impressed by the build quality improvement on the new GMs, but when you hit the top of the dash, its still that thin hollow plastic. Also, the door panels are crap. Then again, who looks at the door panels anyway? :)

Land Cruisers in the US have always been overpriced. What you are doing is buying into some mythical nonsense people like shotts tries to put over on you. Are they good vehicles, yes. Great, well, I don't think so. I have owned 6 Land cruisers ( 2-fj40's, 1 fj60, 1 fj62, 1 fzj80 and 1 uzj100) and they have been good but not great. There must be something drawing me back to them right? There is, I like them. But I'm not going to blow some smoke screen to try to convince you that they are something they aren't just because you are in a LC forum !!

Quite frankly if I had to think that I had to be associated with someone like shotts because I owned a lc, I don't think I would. I have never heard a more narrow minded, arrogant, selfabsorbed, poseur in my life. He is to land cruisers what al gore is to global warming !! :eek:

I would rate the Land Cruiser among the great vehicles. The Rover products are great inside and great to look at however the hardware (what really counts year over year over year) just does not back it up.

How many UN agencies, Militaries, Expedition companies and Police drive RR and RRS or Tahoes or any other SUV as their vehicle of choice? Currently there are really only 2 choices, G-Wagon and 100/200 Series Land Cruier.

http://www.brian894x4.com/MilitaryLC100.html

The RR, RRS and Chevy products are great for street travel but so are S class benzes, 911's, etc.
my g.jpg
LC100desertpatrol2.jpg

Last edited:
I would rate the Land Cruiser among the great vehicles. The Rover products are great inside and great to look at however the hardware (what really counts year over year over year) just does not back it up.

How many UN agencies, Militaries, Expedition companies and Police drive RR and RRS or Tahoes or any other SUV as their vehicle of choice? Currently there are really only 2 choices, G-Wagon and 100/200 Series Land Cruier.

http://www.brian894x4.com/MilitaryLC100.html

The RR, RRS and Chevy products are great for street travel but so are S class benzes, 911's, etc.

Maybe not Range Rovers, but Defenders are used by quite a few militaries (admittedly mostly current or ex-British-Crown colonies...:flipoff2:). I think British SAS uses Rangies, though. Can't argue with them...

G-Wagen is one of the few vehicles that has won military contracts by sheer capability. I don't think USMC Force Recon has any ties to Daimler-Benz (I will never call it by that other name...). It was just the best vehicle they could get for their intended purpose. The Land Cruiser has also been used sparingly, mostly the tougher and more "field-serviceable" 70 Series (which we can't get here, dammit!). Is anyone using the 200 yet? Will they ever? Who knows? I think the only reason the 100 gets used in Iraq is because of the huge availability.

The G does have its drawbacks, like any other vehicle, but its overall capability, toughness, and reliability are hard to fault. But maybe I'm biased, since I've got an ex-military diesel G sitting in the garage... :flipoff2:

If you give a closer look at the vehicles used by UN or other NGO around some third world zones you will notice a lot of Nissan Patrols.

Some aussies even like way more the Patrols against the 100´s series LC.

Here in my country we were stuck with 80´s series which assembling of them stopped about 6 months ago so people looking for a serious offroader were buying all the available imported patrols, and just this week Toyota started to release the 200´s series on a trimmed version with no roof rack, steel wheels, no sliding roof, no automatic retract steering wheel, no electronic suspension stabilization system, no nav but 25 % cheaper than the patrols but unfortunately very few will be imported by Toyota since it will not be assembled here as was the 80´s series.

Must of the Patrols buyers were former 80´s series owners and so far customer satisfaction is good but the Patrols came with a gas 4.8 ltr inline six and the new 200´s series came with the 5.7 V-8, the LC is lighter and has more hp over the Patrols which start to show aged against the 200.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom