Wanted FOUND 17” TRD Rock Warrior Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently picked up a 2016 200 and looking for rims and tires. Anyone selling their TRD Rock Warriors or have a lead on a reasonably priced set of 4 or 5?
Thanks
Eric

I have a set available. Sent you a PM.

It's suprising with as many RW Tundras you see driving around it suprising there aren't more on the used market. I am looking for a reasonable spare.

As a price point I paid $500 for 4 rims w/o TPMS or lugnuts. They needed a significant cleaning and a number of the ring bolts needed a machinist to remove ($50). I was considering powder coating the rings but wanted the center caps to match so I plasti dipped.

When buying used don't forget the unique lug nuts (spline and cone washers).

My other alternatives were TRD Pro wheels and powder coat them gloss black or the forged BBS TRD wheels if I was buying new.

Recently picked up a 2016 200 and looking for rims and tires. Anyone selling their TRD Rock Warriors or have a lead on a reasonably priced set of 4 or 5?
Thanks
Eric

You will almost certainly want to buy 5. The lugnuts and locks are different for the RW (vs stock) and with switching to new tires the diameter of the new shoes will be different than stock.

I just went through this after picking up a black 2016 200 series at the end of July.
Found a good set of 4 RW rims with decent BFG 285/70/17 tires on them for $1200 off craigslist. Seemed fair to me. Then I had to buy lugnuts (PTR27-60110), and new centercaps (PTR18-34071), but in order have a working spare I had to find another RW rim and buy a new matching tire.

EDIT: I forgot to add in the new programmable TPMS units and remount and balance.

Last edited:
I have 5 for sale in Chicago but won't sell them for less than $400/ea. Two wheels are brand new in box.

Thanks for all the feedback and references. Sounds like they are fetching a premium at the moment and maybe for a good cause. The $500 for 4 rims was more what I was expecting to pay but it appears I am not on par with the going rate. I will hold off a bit and see what comes up and look into other options as well.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything special about the rock warriors other than the slightly lighter weight than average?

Made by Toyota, forged, trim rings to protect valve stem, 17" size is perfect for the 200....I could go on.

Fair. but other than "made by Toyota" you can basically get all the other features with any aftermarket wheel. BTW, I heard TRD wheels are outsourced from BBS wheels.

Also the offset is great. To say that you can get all of the rest above on an aftermarket wheel is just not true. Try finding a forged wheel.

Have been looking for RW locally since Oct 2018. Nada on craigslist, but 2 sets of 4 (out of state) have popped up on Facebook marketplace in last week. Neither were identified as RW . . . both ~ $500 for 4 + missing rings w/blemishes. 2019 Tundra BBS + tires, ~ $2000. YMMV

The RWs are one of the lightest wheels for the 200. The Fondmetals are about the same weight and price, but cast construction. The RWs also have replaceable 2lb pieces of aluminum armor on the wheel face, my favorite feature.

Last edited:
They do fetch a premium now days. Is it just a demand issue? I got a full set of 5, near perfect condition, for $700 four years ago. Double that almost now?! The 17" size is a big draw as there are not many options there. For me a set of five OEM Tundra wheels for $120 made more sense (ie. finances). The RW look sweet and are also my favorite wheel (see link of my ex 06 in sig), but to be $2500 or so for rubber on the ground is hard to justify on my rig at this time. Not saying I wouldn't if I could. Good luck with the search OP.

There is solid demand for them. Going price, at least for resale, in good, clean condition is around 1200 now and I've sold several sets at that price and higher. Sometimes you can find them for a bit less. They're still lighter than and half the price of the 18" forged TRD wheels.

Last edited:
I have 2 extras in very good condition in Phoenix. I was planning on listing them local Craigslist this wkd. They have bfg ko’s but the tires are pretty worn.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom