Ford SBV8 Swap into Land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know of kit to use a ford Fuel Injected 5.0 with stock running gear? I want to swap in a 5.0/302 is there a bell housing adapter for eather the stock 3 speed or 4 speed tranny? Any help or I deas are welcome! Or am I 8) for even thinking of somthing other than a 350 chevy!

i know marks adaptors in australia can bolt up a fair amount of engines including 5litre fords and 351 cleavlands.

With the amount of aftermarket available for the 5.0, that's not a bad choice. You can bolt on some major power for those things.

Even though I'm a chevy man.

:flipoff2: Fords!! :D

I think Marks and AA both can help you out.

Thank you! Advanced Adapters have a conversion kit! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

well at least fiord put the distributor in a much nicer location ;)

i believe the marks kits for fords dont require you to change d-shaf lenghts like the AA ones.

at least thats why i bought a marks adapter for my chevy! :D

marks adaptors usually are high quality and also usually result in the shifters lining up with the shifter holes and no driveshaft length changes. good product if i could ever afford one

I like the AA bellhousing cause with a V8 you can add an AA Rockbox and it all fits sweet. Great option for low gears.

AA also requires finding a flywheel for the V8, preferably a truck one, but the marks kit comes with flywheel doesn't it?

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=12;threadid=5616;start=msg45774#msg45774 date=1064832858]
AA also requires finding a flywheel for the V8, preferably a truck one, but the marks kit comes with flywheel doesn't it?
[/quote]

i didnt get mine new, so it did not...but woody hooked me up!

What year 5.0 are ya going with? Is it a Mustang motor?

You'll love the motor, sure love mine. Good luck with the swap.

the biggest problem is finging the best oil pan for the change I found the best
pan is from a van of the early 80's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom