Fog Lights Article (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing some research on fog lights and ran up on this:

I really like the writeup. Now I am looking for any lights that meet those criteria. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am in Georgia and even though it is not foggy all the time, I find myself in conditions where my speed pucker factor really pisses me off often enough when I have to slow down for fog. I am out a lot late at night so it is worth it to me to find a really nice light. All the threads on Mud are talking about LED's. I want to find nice glass, a nice reflector and the correct beam angle.

Is that a working link? I get nowhere with it.

Check out Daniel Sterns site, here's a link to his fog light section, Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
He knows his stuff, and also handles some top quality lighting gear.
Btw, I run two cibie Oscar fogs on my BJ60 (used to run cibie 45's), wired for correct operation, and properly aimed, with 55w H1 bulbs, they are simply awesome in heavy ocean or mountain fog!

I am getting a lot of good feedback on Cibies. I am definitely leaning that way. As for that article, I will check when I get back to a computer not my phone. I may have screwed up the link.

I just clicked on my link and it led me to the article. It was an article by David A Hueppchen. He was a Rallye racer and went into some detail on fog lights. You can check him out by name. I am sure it would lead to the article

I originally got turned on to Cibies by someone on Mud earlier. He was a fan of the 175’s. I looked them up and I can get a set on EBay but they are pricey. I could get the 45’s all day long. I will probably check them out. I guess I just liked the idea of the 100 watt over the standard 55.

The big thing with 45's is that they are THIN! Then it comes down to wether rectangular or round fit/suit your truck better. Don't get hung up on wattage, both are designed for 55w H2 bulbs, and especially on fogs, it's all about how it gets that light on the road, where you need it. And cibie does that very well indeed!

Yeah I believe I am sold on the Cibies. They actually meet all the criteria I had researched. I am looking forward to getting some 45’s. They will work perfectly. Hopefully that article link is ok. It was really helpful. The Cibie page info was perfect but only after knowing what I wanted. BTW there is a big selection of 45’s right now on EBay from the same guy. I just bought one of them :rolleyes: but be careful if you are looking. Only two others I believe are the fog lights. There are others that are yellow driving lights. Check the lens pattern against the Cibie product page referred to on this thread.

Just read that Daniel Stern article sent by roalco. That was some more great info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom