Flat Tire Replacement Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of the BFG KO AT's on my 200 managed to merge with the largest screw I've ever seen. The tire couldn't be patched and a new tire was purchased. The tires are all within spec of accepting a new replacement in the rotation (I do a 5 tire rotation). My question is...what position do I put the new replacement tire on the car. I'm thinking driver's side rear, but would appreciate any insight fellow members have.

Holderbee

Id put it us passenger/right side rear. That tire would be on for the longest in a five tire rotation.

I follow this 5 tire rotation guide. As @grinchy mentioned passenger rear would give you the most miles on it before becoming the spare tire.

5E3A4860-021A-442A-9FF2-DFAC3CDF94CB.jpeg

One of the BFG KO AT's on my 200 managed to merge with the largest screw I've ever seen. The tire couldn't be patched and a new tire was purchased. The tires are all within spec of accepting a new replacement in the rotation (I do a 5 tire rotation). My question is...what position do I put the new replacement tire on the car. I'm thinking driver's side rear, but would appreciate any insight fellow members have.

Holderbee

I follow this 5 tire rotation guide. As @grinchy mentioned passenger rear would give you the most miles on it before becoming the spare tire.

View attachment 3036755
Interesting. Thanks for the responses. The manual in the car had this diagram.

17612D34-DFB5-4A93-B95A-DC6140B26E85.jpeg

Holderbee

View attachment 3036755
Interesting. Thanks for the responses. The manual in the car had this diagram.

View attachment 3036755
As a side note…this is what they pulled out of the old tire. It was approx 5” long.

Throw that new tire in the spare location. Stop rotating 5 and only rotate 4. When you get a new set put it on the ground so it does not age out. I never was satisfied with 5 tire rotations then my 3 kids got to junior high and vehicle maintenance time was compressed by nearness to that black hole. Now that they are starting college I hope to get back to the anal schedule. Except I will still only rotate 4 tires.

Im surprised they couldn’t patch that. Ive had to patch worse on the trail. My guess it was a liability/ business insurance issue.
My guess is that profit margins are significantly better on a tire, balance and mount sale than a repair.

Throw that new tire in the spare location. Stop rotating 5 and only rotate 4. When you get a new set put it on the ground so it does not age out. I never was satisfied with 5 tire rotations then my 3 kids got to junior high and vehicle maintenance time was compressed by nearness to that black hole. Now that they are starting college I hope to get back to the anal schedule. Except I will still only rotate 4 tires.

I like that idea. These AT tires last forever as it is, at least from my perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom