Flat belly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those who have done this how much did you have to lift your engine and drivetrain? Would a 2.5" BL be enough? Later

with the stock FJ40 t-case, yer looking at about 3"....Split case doesn't hang as low and makes it easier... Unfortunately, raising everything 3" plays hell with yer COG.

as important as flat is smooooooth. Mine has a dropout for the t-case area and it's VERY rare that it causes a problem. The balance of the skid is flat, and bolts up to the frame rails.

Run minitruck tcases..

With the exception of a 1.4" lump I have a perfectly flat belly pan.

any source on motor mounts when doing a drivetrain lift ???

IMO, you'll be happiest with custom mounts...there are no "aftermarket drivetrain lifts" out there I'm aware of.

I have lifted my engine 2", now there is only about a 1/4" of the transfer case sticking out. I am about to build a skid plate wth the dropout, but am considering building in a roller just in front of the dropout. That way, nothing should hook on the dropout, but simply run on the roller.

if any of you know of a write up on a flat bely for a 40 will you post the link?

tres, your only/easiest option is to clock the t-case....which brings up other issues. I'm not aware of anyone making a clocking option for the t-case...

tho....I'm considering creating something for my sm465/plate adapter....perhaps over the winter....

I've not done this, but have thought about it, someone can beat me to it, drop the drivers side, and raise the pass side, this will rotate the t case up....if Woody is right, a 1.5 inch both ways should do it, although I bet you could get by with less......another possiblilty would be to tilt the whole thing a bit then raise the rear.

Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom