Flag pole install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.badlandsexpeditions.wordpress.com
I wanted somehting better to fly my flag than a little flag on my whip . I found this at Harbor Freight a 16 ft flag pole.
flag 001.jpg
flag 002.jpg
flag 003.jpg

I'm betting you know this but so many seem not to...

Just remember to bring it down before nightfall or shine a light on it! (drives me crazy when people dont or to see a tattered flag stil flying....ugh!

Looks great BTW!

flag

I am playing with how to light the falg up at night. I was thinking of a couple of the solar spotlights. I forgot to mention that the pole collapses down to about five feet.

definately gonna need a mo betta photo to fully envision the camp set-up.

from where I'm sitting, looks like the flag is taller than the total rig length w/trailer.

just sayn'... ;)

Flag

Almost as long as my rig.

Like I said, one does not have to deploy the entire length of the pole. Or not get one at all. Maybe a window decal might be better.
60 and trailer.jpg

^ nice shot, but you're reading me all wrong.

I'm thinking about the benefits of flying a guidion to illustrate club locations at a large camping meet.

did I miss the write-up on your trailer?

Flag

Yeas you could put anything on the pole. It would also be a great way to get an antenna up there. I could mount it lower but that would interfer with where I put my propane tank.

I did not have a build up thread. I have had this trailer for 11 years. Here is a pic from my last trip. I have other pictures on the webshots link. I also posted some stuff here like my battery box build.
truck and trailer.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Sweet setup: would you consider doing a writeup? Just an internet tour, as it were, don't expect you to remember all the initial buildup details.

my q's include: have you used the sandmats much? what do you store in the rubbermaid totes? what stows in the trailer itself, other than kitchen + tables?

Great use of the too-often overlooked Igloo water-cooler: gonna make a space for coupla those on my trailer build, ice ice, baby ice! Makes for colder water once the ice has melted too, que no?

On the 60 side, hows that water bladder working for you? Do you notice the weight when full? Pix of final setup?

Last edited:
Hey dude I just got a surco for my Jeep... yes I said Jeep... does yours not bend when stuff ifs up there? the aluminum is not very strong. Did you fabricate something on yours to make it stronger?

Nice work Mike, I love it!

To those that don't know him, Mike's rig is the ultimate zombie survival cruiser.
Everything you need to survive comfortably. Truly a creation worthy of the McGyver award

Flag pole

In responce to sirenmoses' questions. I have not used the sandmats. I carry tables in the trailer, shower shelter, gas,water along with a battery box. The battery box will be going on the fender soon. I also have a large locking tuff box in the front of the trailer. This gives me weatherproof lockable storage. The action packers have my stove, grill,kitchen stuff, propane, Pett toliet etc.

The water cooler works well for ice water. I put in 20 lbs of ice and 3 gallons of water. I'll add water but it will keep cold for three four days. I also have a 5 gallon military can that I put a spout on for everyday water.

I don't seem to notice when my truck is loaded with water.

It's a roof rack...I'm surprized a seasoned vet such as yourself wouldn't know that....lol

Great Rig and Trailer BTW! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom