FJC Trail Team in Grand Junction, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fullnelson

IH8MUD Regular
SILVER Star
Threads
We are going to be doing some 'wheeling at the 29 Road OHV area and possibly Bangs Canyon on Saturday October 14. We will be meeting at Safari LTD. on 830 Winters Ave. at 9:00am.

We will see how many people show up and possibly consider doing a run on 21 Road Sunday.

The Trail Teams will have two FJ Cruisers there for you to drive and see in action. This will be a great get together for people to meet and 'wheel in some sweet terrain. These areas are actually where the Trail Teams did their initial training with Bill Burke.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Happy trails,

Chris:)

We are going to be doing some 'wheeling at the 29 Road OHV area and possibly Bangs Canyon on Saturday October 14. We will be meeting at Safari LTD. on 830 Winters Ave. at 9:00am.

We will see how many people show up and possibly consider doing a run on 21 Road Sunday.

The Trail Teams will have two FJ Cruisers there for you to drive and see in action. This will be a great get together for people to meet and 'wheel in some sweet terrain. These areas are actually where the Trail Teams did their initial training with Bill Burke.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Happy trails,

Chris:)

Chris,
Will you guys be doing this on Sunday too? :idea:

If there's enough interest we'll probably 'wheel 21 Road on Sunday. Can you make it out?

We are going to be doing some 'wheeling at the 29 Road OHV area and possibly Bangs Canyon on Saturday October 14. We will be meeting at Safari LTD. on....

The TT is going to meet up with Safari LTD. on 830 Winters Ave. at 9:00am on both Sat and Sunday Oct 14 and 15th. Lets Wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Had fun at the event today.
Now I know why "ih8mud" it was a bit muddy in the ohv area today.
The trail ride was more better.
Looks like i will go on Sun trail run.

A well-spent weekend. Didn't enjoy the mud Saturday morning all that much either but it gave me great experience hill-climbing on greasy terrain. Bangs Canyon in the afternoon was more pleasurable for me. Probably about 20 rigs of all sizes and models that day.

Yesterday was the first time up 21 Road and was a highlight for me. 21 Road trail is the kind of rock crawling, climbing, and dodging that I love. The six rigs with many passengers spent 6 hours going up the creekbed until about 4:30 PM when we decided daylight would just allow us to take the "road" back down. That took 2 hours so we arrived in Fruita at sunset.

A great day wheeling, met some awesome people this weekend. Thanks for the company and the great spotting. I would not have thought I could have made that kind of progress with my slightly modified 40. Just goes to show the capability of the TLC. A great time!

Thanks to all that attended! It was a great sucess. There are pics in the fjc section I posted along with some other folks.

Had a blast on 21 rd.
My damage report form the rocks on my stock 80 is only:
a/c dryer hose
rock dents on the muffler
dented cat guard (don't know if the cats are damaged)

I had no idea that the stock 80 could go as far as it could on 21 rd.
Couldn't of done it without the help of the others.
BIG THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom