FJ80L-GCMNS 3F(non-US) engine Carburetor adjustments for High Altitude... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in Arequipa Peru, elevation is 8,500 ft and we are moving to Cusco which will be above 11,500 and traveling beyond 16,500 ft regularly in the Andes for Short Medical Trips to unreached people.

I have a mechanic friend here(certified for Mercedes) but has not worked on Carbureted engines much, but wanted to see if anyone had any tips for Carburetor Adjustment to optimize High Altitude performance.

Thanks!

No US FJ80 has a carburetor(3F-E engine), and I posted there and they all said to post here; they only work on the 3F-E engines of the FJ80s not the 3F, carbureted engines, ie the non-us models...

No. 60 section as the 2F and 3F carbs almost the same.

The 80 section is all EFI or diesel.

Hello,

x2.

3F engines with a carburetor included a High Altitude Compensator (HAC) for some markets.

HAC 1.jpg

I am not a carburetor expert but I understand that a tune-up according to Factory Service Manual procedures is enough. That and keeping the HAC filter element clean.

Juan

This is probably the same as the"3rd world" tyPe carbs found on the FJ70 FJ60 Etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom