FJ80 RHD buzzing but not electrical (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After driving it for over an hour in 115+ temperature the AC is barely cool and there was a loud buzzing sound coming from the engine bay. Disconnected the battery thinking it was electrical but the buzzing kept going, eventually getting lower and slower. Couldn't really hear it from in the vehicle. Tried grabbing and moving a few of the lines and hoses but couldn't find it.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Here is a video i uploaded to youtube

My first thought was possibly a weak fuel injector that was leaking down fuel after shut down.

However, after watching and listening to it a few times, it appears the noise is more prevalent near the air filter area, which is over the AC lines and compressor.

I am more inclined to think it is the fluid / gas equalizing through the AC system, particularly since you said it wasn't operating as efficiently.

Possibly a pressure switch or the orifice valve within the system.

My first thought was possibly a weak fuel injector that was leaking down fuel after shut down.

However, after watching and listening to it a few times, it appears the noise is more prevalent near the air filter area, which is over the AC lines and compressor.

I am more inclined to think it is the fluid / gas equalizing through the AC system, particularly since you said it wasn't operating as efficiently.

Possibly a pressure switch or the orifice valve within the system.
Thank you for the info. I'll check those out and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom