Fj62 cruise control ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wile E Coyote

Out in the streets, they call it murder!
Threads
My cruiser's CC doesn't work.
The wire bundle that feeds the unit has 5 total wires accounted for, but upon opening the CC unit, I find a 6th red wire that is broken off short.
I find no way to account for this 6th wire. Meaning, there's no evidence to where it goes/comes from outside the CC unit, but it obviously connected somewhere, the wire's broken just inside the rubber grommet/plug for the CC unit.

What am I missing?:confused:
BTW.....Did a search on Mud and Birfield.com to no avail.

jjbodean1970 said:
most of the cruise controls on the FJ62 were a port or dealer installed option iirc

So what does this mean to a guy trying to fix/replace one?:confused:

My Cruiser's original window sticker doesn't mention CC option, but a service record, in early 91, shows a warrantied service on the CC by the dealership.
I hear mention of a factory diagnostic procedure for the cruise, but I don't think it's for 62's, right?

I took one out last year..if I can find the box I put iy in I will also find the wiring diagram I made for it..............soooo I will get back to you

In2cruisers said:
I took one out last year..if I can find the box I put iy in I will also find the wiring diagram I made for it..............soooo I will get back to you

Hey, that would be great :grinpimp: ........I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Mike

my 62 came with dealer Cruze. It had a "T" off the brake vaccumm, which I dissconnected in hopes of improving the overall brake performance. When it was operational, it worked well on flat interstate driving. It was useless in the hills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom