FJ60 Steering Wheel upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to upgrade my stock steering wheel. Know I will need an adaptor and see others have swapped their stock for 15" Grant or Nardi. Any options I am missing?

Welcome any thoughts, styles, pics and sizes on after market FJ60 options. Assume this will be a simple install, right?

I have installed 62 steering wheel on a 60 before direct bolt in. I have had grant steering wheels before but they have blocked the view of the gauges not a fan of that.

also hear LeCarra is an option too

Thx read those posts. Just seeing other options/opinions out there. The Grant option seems to be 14", which seems like it could be a little to small.

Another option, just wrap your stocker in paracord. Sky is the limit on colors. I did it. Click me.

If the power steering pump quits- you'll be glad to have that big stock steering wheel

B174B26F-690F-4581-81D1-A186B2B7AAE8.jpeg
Another option, just wrap your stocker in paracord. Sky is the limit on colors. I did it. Click me.
I really like the 70 series wheel I recently put in my 60. I believe Steve Jackson is selling one like this. Really goes well with the square dash

Anyone install a Nardi steering wheel in the rig?

I have yet to see an ”upgrade“ I like.
Nardi‘s are great.....on Italian sports cars.
Grants are cheesy on anything.
Even TLC left the stock wheel alone......but I’ll stay open minded

Anyone install a Nardi steering wheel in the rig?

Have one on mine. Look at this thread for pics and info.

I was never a huge fan of the OEM styled fj60 one either,
I liked this lecarra but no turn signal cut off. Pretty simple and looked like it fit in the cruiser.
Found an OEM from some Japanese? cruiser on eBay the I REALLY like, and its an actual cruiser wheel so im happy.

IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_5275 2.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't want a smaller wheel, I do want visibility of my gauges. I hate bumping the horn buttons when negotiating tight situations.

I hate bumping the horn buttons when negotiating tight situations.
Thank for that, glad to know it isn't just me with that same problem..........

I was never a huge fan of the OEM styled fj60 one either,
I liked this lecarra but no turn signal cut off. Pretty simple and looked like it fit in the cruiser.
Found an OEM from some Japanese? cruiser on eBay the I REALLY like, and its an actual cruiser wheel so im happy.

View attachment 2262015View attachment 2262014

Man like this a lot. So this was from a Japanese version of the 60 series? Looks great. I like the big wheel on mine but prefer this look to the stocker.

That's an early FJ60 wheel I think. I had one on my '81 BJ60. I think '81 and '82 with manual steering had this wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom