FJ60 Steering Wheel upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honestly if you find a nice looking well made wheel skin that fits the stock wheel well I think that would be a good option. There are a lot of crappy ones out there so might take some searching

When I bought my 62 17 years ago it had a smaller, wood steering wheel. Nice looking, but I replaced with proper FJ62 stock wheel.

I laced a smooth black wheelskin on my stock brown 60 wheel years ago, and when it stared to wear, I laced another identical one over top, so two layers of leather. Looks great, its about the perfect thickness for my grip, and it’s way warmer than stock in the winter!

FJ60 and 62 steering wheels available!

DSC03276.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

Anyone swapped a 60 wheel in to a 62? Love the 60’s classy three spoke.
I'll trade you if it's grey. I hate it when negotiating 3-point turns and accidentally bump the horn buttons scaring the hell out of myself while drawing attention.. 😄

Yes, all is the same but not the indicator cancel. I would have to probably drill out the cancel cylinder or (whatever you call it) to fit properly, for it to cancel out the indicator. But since I had an aftermarket indicator I bought as a spare, it had the right cancel cylinder. This fit just right with the Toyota indicator without any mod. From what I remember the Toyota cancel cylinder was brown in color and the aftermarket was white.
Here's a side view of the adapter.
IMG_3598.JPG

Last edited:
I don't remember, it was 10 years ago.

There's an application guide on the website. I followed it and just picked a color. Fit fine and has lasted 10 year or more now in So Cal sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom